• mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Love it! Thank you so much
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Check out #20.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Great article. I like how they included colon cleanses and detoxes - our body has a digestive system and liver for a reason. It doesn't need stupid, shady filled products to "cleanse" our body. The best thing you can do to "cleanse yourself" or colon or whatever is by eating plenty of vegetables and fruits, whole grain products, lean meats or substitutes, etc.

And I love love love how they talked about muscle not turning into fat. You're fat cells don't magically turn into muscle. Besides which, you don't really much gain muscle when you're losing weight, but you'll appear more "toned" as you lose weight because you've maintained that lean muscle. It's best to do heavy lifting with low reps to maintain the lean muscle you have. In order to gain muscle, you need a calorie surplus, not deficit. Random, but I find it a common misconception when someone says "I don't want to get bulky" from lifting weights or that the reason they didn't lose any weight is because they started working out. Um, no.

Thanks for sharing this!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Really great informative information! Thanks for sharing!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    #15 lol I do this a lot and can't count how many people say you're gonna get arthritis!!! Ha, I knew it!!!
  • gurlondrums
    gurlondrums Posts: 187
    Thanks for sharing this.
This discussion has been closed.