Menopause and belly fat :(

Options
I am a 51 year old female that is going thru menopause. I've lost 70 lbs in the last 9 months. However, the first place I used to lose weight in my younger days was in my belly area, especially under my ribcage. It's not the case now. I'm losing much more in my hips/butt. I work out at least 5 days a week, on the elliptical and weight training. I'd like to hear from other menopausal women around my age-should I give up the thought of a smaller tummy? I have a feeling it's not gonna happen. I have 18 lbs to go to my goal weight and just wish my stomach was smaller.

Replies

• joanfudala
    joanfudala Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am also 51, and still going through the menopausal process. I am fairly close to my goal weight but my waist is decidedly thicker than it used to be in my younger years. I also go to the gym 5 days a week - I do a bootcamp program that works all muscle groups as well as cardio and ab work. At this point, I want to incorporate more cardio to try to take off the last 5 or so pounds. You have made great progress so far; keep up the good work!
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bumping for more feedback