Nips

Options

Replies

• n8dawg77
    n8dawg77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem but it went away as soon as I stopped going to the gym and just got fat on the couch. One of the best decisions I've made because it was painful.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    this is probably joggers nipple which is very common for male trail / long distance runners.

I put body glide on my nipples for all runs over 5 miles. (my running buddy and I call it "nipping up")

If you look on amazon there are also special little adhesive things called nip guards.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    AH my nipples they hurt! They hurt when I twist them!!!
    melgibson.jpg
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Monistat has an anti-chaffing cream...going to the women's personal care section is better than sore nips!
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    OK. I know it's not my normal forte, but I have a serious question for people. This is not a troll thread. ^Look where I posted it?. I am just curious if anyone else has had this issue and if so, what can you do about it.

So, here is my situation. Over the last couple of weeks, I have found that my nipples have become extremely sensitive. It 's usually after a workout, but not necessarily exclusively. It's so painful it's almost unbearable. I can't tolerate the chafing I feel from my shirt rubbing over them. The water in the hot tub burns so bad. The steamroom is practically intolerable.
    I get this too. What about band aids during workouts to avoid the friction during workouts.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Wear a bra or undershirt. You will overcome. :D
  • BearHugger78
    Options
    Change into a dry shirt when you notice the one you're wearing soaking through with sweat.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    quit working out, problem solved.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    OK. I know it's not my normal forte, but I have a serious question for people. This is not a troll thread. ^Look where I posted it?. I am just curious if anyone else has had this issue and if so, what can you do about it.

So, here is my situation. Over the last couple of weeks, I have found that my nipples have become extremely sensitive. It 's usually after a workout, but not necessarily exclusively. It's so painful it's almost unbearable. I can't tolerate the chafing I feel from my shirt rubbing over them. The water in the hot tub burns so bad. The steamroom is practically intolerable.

You're pregnant. Congrats!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

oh crap. Not again!
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    I have good news, this is normal. You don't have a sickness, disease or anything like that. Basically when you exercise, and sweat is absorbed into your clothes making them wet, you bare chest rubs against it. The constant friction of the damp sweaty shirt causes your nipples to peak. Over extend period of time they become more and more irritable.

I freaked out when this first happen to me too! I went to a doctor, who I am close with, and we had a nice little laugh over it. It is 100% normal, your nipples are just sick of rubbing against your shirt!

I deal with it, but sometimes when I know I am going to exercise for a while and it might become very irritable I do the following:

1. Wear clothes that cling to your chest. This holds your nipples in place so there is no friction. I wear Under-Armor, but there are tons of other brands at your local store.

2. It sounds stupid, but it works. Bandaids. Get the water proof ones so when you sweat they stay in place.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    I have good news, this is normal. You don't have a sickness, disease or anything like that. Basically when you exercise, and sweat is absorbed into your clothes making them wet, you bare chest rubs against it. The constant friction of the damp sweaty shirt causes your nipples to peak. Over extend period of time they become more and more irritable.

I freaked out when this first happen to me too! I went to a doctor, who I am close with, and we had a nice little laugh over it. It is 100% normal, your nipples are just sick of rubbing against your shirt!

I deal with it, but sometimes when I know I am going to exercise for a while and it might become very irritable I do the following:

1. Wear clothes that cling to your chest. This holds your nipples in place so there is no friction. I wear Under-Armor, but there are tons of other brands at your local store.

2. It sounds stupid, but it works. Bandaids. Get the water proof ones so when you sweat they stay in place.
    i just googled your problem and found this
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    dude get some rainbow colored pasties....
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    sports bra!!! easy fix ;) mwuahahha.

i think they have anti-chafing gel at any drugstore. go be a special snowflake and buy some!

They seriously make stuff like that? What's it called?

Anti-nipple burn cream
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem when I'm running a lot. I just started wearing one of those spandex under armor shirts under my t-shirt. The spandex doesn't move around and chaff. Not only that it kind of holds the belly in a little bit.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    sports bra!!! easy fix ;) mwuahahha.

i think they have anti-chafing gel at any drugstore. go be a special snowflake and buy some!

They seriously make stuff like that? What's it called?

Maybe it's just me, or just a girl thing but band aids didn't do it for me. The bandaid took a bunch of skin when I removed it. Ouch ouch ouch. Look into the anti chafing gel.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

oh crap. Not again!
    I hate when that happens.

There is also Gold Bond Chafing Defense Anti-Friction Formula.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Jogger's nipple. Watch the finish line of a Marathon and you'll see guys who look like they've been shot twice in the chest.

Get a tight-fitting, non-cotton, technical fibre, wicking workout top. You can try compression tops, but they're pricey, and, well, tight!

Vaseline can grip rather than slip, so you might want to try a sports alternative called Bodyglide.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

with tassels
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options

with tassels

Post pics