Cheese

I have yet to find a cheese that is low in fat and calories per serving with an ingredient list with little to no processed ingredients.
Recommendations?
Also, laughing cow cheese wedges: nutritionally good or bad?

Currently, I consume Sargento Ultra Thin cheese slice. (40 cal 3.3g fat/slice).

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    ANything low fat will be more processed than the normal version. Why not go for regular fat cheese? Get a good cheese and than you don't have to use as much. Nothing wrong with fat.

I love laughing cow cheeses. They are pricey where I am so I don't get them often. Nothing wrong with regular cheese though.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Cabot 50% low fat cheddar cheese doesn't have any crap in the ingredients and it is surprisingly good for a LF cheese.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    You can get laughing cow wedges for 2 bucks a container at Costco! 4 pack=$8. Also, I will try cabot. I saw it at my local co-op.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    You can get laughing cow wedges for 2 bucks a container at Costco! 4 pack=$8. Also, I will try cabot. I saw it at my local co-op.

Ya I can't get laughing cow that cheap where I am. An 8pk container (those small wedges) are $4 here.
  • Penny_Harrison
    Penny_Harrison Posts: 45 Member
    Edam cheese is completely normal cheese (i.e. not processed) and one of the lowest fat normal cheeses, when i grill it there is no fat whatsoever on top like there is with normal cheddar/sharp cheese, and it tastes nice!