I AM HIDING MY SCALE...WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME???

Options
So...I am one of those people that unfortunately allows the scale to dictate the mood I am in...If I gain weight I am depressed and angry and want to give up...If I only lose a little I am upset and want to give up...if I stay the same I am so annoyed and want to give up...

I have decide the scale is not my friend...it is more like a relative you dont want to see very often but are obligated to....so that is how I am going to treat my scale like a relative I only see occasionally...

Since I do not trust myself... I have giving my husband my scale to hide somewhere I wont find it ...and I refuse to get on it for 4 weeks...It will be hard but I am determined to let it go...

I figure if I keep up with a calorie deficit and working out hard...I HAVE to weigh LESS than I do now in 4 weeks...So even if I see only 3 lb loss it will be better than the dread of getting on every few days...

I would love for mfp to join me in this...We can let each other know if we skipped the scale for that day/and or if we snuck a peek...

Lets band together and hide the scales!!!

Replies

• k_santoro30
    Options
    I'm the same way, I found myself getting on the scale several times a day and I was so ridiculous that I would move it around the floor to see where I would get the lowest reading- seriously, crazy! On the 15th I put the scale away and decided that I would not take it out again until April 15th, I'm taking a Zumba class once a week, weight train twice a week and bought an elliptical and have been doing that 30 minutes daily as well as tracking my calories so I know if I continue doing what I have been the weight has to come off.
    Good luck to you, we can do this!!!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just hid my scale - but not from myself, from my 9 year old. She is fixated on her weight and lets it dictate her moods. I finally told her that I was hiding it and that she was to focus on how she looks and feels and what she eats. She looks fine, by the way, but is fixated on the numbers.
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I haven't touched a scale since i started my journey three weeks ago. And its nice to not feel discouraged by it. I do measure myself though. 2 inches down last week! Woot woot! Screw scales. I obsess over the numbers.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of hiding the scales from Friday for 2 weeks. The thought of hiding them for a whole month is a bit scary for me, so I'm going to start smaller! I weigh myself every day, and the number seems to set my mood for the day. I'm getting my fiance to hide them, I'm much shorter than him so he can hide them high up and I can't reach!
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, I found myself getting on the scale several times a day and I was so ridiculous that I would move it around the floor to see where I would get the lowest reading- seriously, crazy! On the 15th I put the scale away and decided that I would not take it out again until April 15th, I'm taking a Zumba class once a week, weight train twice a week and bought an elliptical and have been doing that 30 minutes daily as well as tracking my calories so I know if I continue doing what I have been the weight has to come off.
    Good luck to you, we can do this!!!

Hahaha...I literally move it all over the bathroom floor until it says the lowest number...Good luck we can do it...
  • lexlyn14
    Options
    I just hid my scale - but not from myself, from my 9 year old. She is fixated on her weight and lets it dictate her moods. I finally told her that I was hiding it and that she was to focus on how she looks and feels and what she eats. She looks fine, by the way, but is fixated on the numbers.

That is very smart...Sadly being fixated on a number starts at a very young age...good job parenting!!!
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    i want to do it
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I always thought of not standing on it.....but I never do that. I just asked my wife to Hide it from me while I am at the gym. Great Idea!!
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I need to do this. I'm addicted to the scale
  • mittens6395
    Options
    I watch the scale too much also. I will be doing great.. feel like I dropped 5lbs...step on the scale..and gained 1lb. Then my motivation is gone again. This time I weighed myself and will TRY not to weigh again until my Body Revolution time is over. Hopefully that will keep my motivation on track.
  • SydneyRenee2
    SydneyRenee2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    LOL! Same here! I look at it a different way though. It gives me more motivation to do better the next day. But I do need to lay off so I might hide mine till Sunday. ;)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options

That is very smart...Sadly being fixated on a number starts at a very young age...good job parenting!!!

OMG! I'm going to join you for just this reason. My daughter,who will be eight of Friday, has started to weigh herself.

I can't have her go through all the obsession I have tortured myself with since I was 12.
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This obsession with checking my weight is driving me nuts. I haven't hid the scale yet but I've made a promise to myself to not get on it again until my weigh in on Friday morning. I caught myself this afternoon taping it with my foot to turn it on but I just walked away lol
  • luvaddo
    luvaddo Posts: 13
    Options
    I work at the dr's office so I can never run from the scale; and I weigh myself about 10x a day man! but that really motivates me.
  • aelitaangels
    aelitaangels Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way lol.
    Since I live in a dorm, I'm keeping my scale under my bed and only pulling it out once a month =P
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    It's a great idea. I'm actually doing hypnotherapy for weight loss and one of the suggestions I asked for is to only get on the scale once a week. It's working. Last time I seriously tried to lose weight, I was obsessed with the thing, getting on it several times a day, every day. This is working for me now, even with the scale out in the open in the guest bathroom. If I wasn't doing this, I think I'd have to put it away or get rid of it.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Good! I'm the same way. I haven't really thought about. Sometimes I miss scheduled weigh-ins. I weigh myself every other week.
  • lexlyn14
    Options
    This obsession with checking my weight is driving me nuts. I haven't hid the scale yet but I've made a promise to myself to not get on it again until my weigh in on Friday morning. I caught myself this afternoon taping it with my foot to turn it on but I just walked away lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My scale is the DEVIL!! :laugh: My hubby wants to throw it out the window and so do I most days!!! ACCCCCCCCCCK!!! :sad: I definitely have a love/hate relationship with the POS!!!

I think this is a GREAT idea and have thought about doing it myself, but haven't had the GUTS to do it... I HATE to admit this, but I am also scale obsessed while I'm trying to lose weight!! :grumble: With that said, I do NOT think I could go a whole MONTH without weighing, but I am going to REALLY try to only do it once a week since I'm new to this (only starting week #5). But, I plan to take your WONDERFUL advice soon... :wink:

GL everyone!!! Like Vanellope on "Wreck It Ralph" says, "Move Your Molasses!!" :heart: that quote... And, Nike too, "JUST DO IT!!!"