Help!!

Options
I am seriously struggling this week. I started my weight loss journey for the millionth time on February 11, 2013. I was determined that THIS time it was going to work. I had set a goal in my mind that I wanted to be under 200 pounds before my 40th birthday. With that being said, I made some major adjustments to my daily diet, and exercise.

The first week of my diet I tried one of those crash diets, lose mega amounts of weight in 11 days, and it basically starved me to death. No wonder people drop so many pounds, it isn't healthy!!! In the first week I lost 7 pounds, but I didn't feel good about crash dieting, from years of dieting, I know they don't work. So I decided to go about it my own way.

First thing I did was cut out all soda and junk food. When I say this, it doesn't sound very dramatic, but I used to drink probably almost a gallon of Coke a day. I also cut down my additional calorie intake to 1300 calories a day. After the first week, I started walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes each morning. After the second week, I started to ride the stationary bike at least 3 times a week at night for 30 minutes.

After the crash diet, the next four weeks my weight went up and down and up again. I have only lost a total of 5 pounds in 5 weeks. Now, I know that is 1 pound a week, and I should be happy about that. I know it didn't take a month to put the weight on and it won't a month to get it off, this is a live style change, and it is going to take time.

With all of that being said am I doing something wrong? Did I cut out too many calories from the beginning? Based on the "numbers" I should be losing 2 pounds a week, and I'm not. Needless to say, I am discouraged. In fact I stayed in bed this morning instead of walking. And I feel like a failure.

I've been gaining weight for a better part of the last 15 years. I just want to change my life. I just want to be able to buy clothes where my friends buy clothes. I want to be able to live my life without always being the fat girl.

I guess I could just use some advice, or encouragement, or help in some way.

Thanks for listening!