Hopefully this diet will last more than a week

Options
KimmyBee
KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
Heya all.

It was only by coincidence I managed to find this site so go me!

hes a quick rundown

My names Kimmy
Im 21
Live in York, England
I weigh 211 lbs (hopefully not for long)
ad Im 5 foot 6 inches tall.

I enjoy cooking, especially baking which has more than contributed to my current state. So now I bake a lot but generally give it to friends or whatever as Ijust genuinely enjoy it. plus whisking things by hand is a great workout =D

I do 24 hour shifts at work which is actually my main problem for my weight as I have several complicating factors where food is concerned. as I need to take 3 meals to work, which can be eaten cold but dont need to be refridgerated.. plus theres the small fact that I dont like eating processed foods often and generally tend to make everything I eat myself. so.. any lunchbox suggestions PLEASE help.

Er.. cant really think of much else to say.
Im pretty much an open book so if anyones interested in sily me just post or whatever and id love the chat!

See ya for now
loves
Kimmybee

Replies

• sugarspundt
    Options
    I'm brand new to the site, as well. (Just signed up today.)
    And one of the thing I fight with the most is my love of baking, as well. There's nothing quite like it.

Good luck, Kimmy!
    I'm sure you'll meet your goal. :]
  • KimmyBee
    Options
    I hope so. Thanks for the well wishes and good luck to you too!

now.. does anyone want freshly made chocolate brownie?
  • greeneys2
    greeneys2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My boys wanted brownies a few nights ago so we made a modified version. No egg or oil. Just the dry mix and a can of black beans blended up. The boys liked them, for being not bad for you I liked them. My husband liked them until he heard "black beans"!
  • KimmyBee
    Options
    Hahaha. I know what you mean

My BF of three years wont eat half of what I do because he wont eat anything if it looks like it was designed for vegetarians (his words... not mine) or fish.. and I love seafood.

Its quite annoying really because it means I have to cook two meals most of the time.

Today I made some really nice chickpea and mushroom burgers.. not a chance. he wouldnt even try them.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    :cry: That is terrible that he wouldn't even try them. It must be a L O N G three years to have to live like that, cooking two meals. It is just like when you have picky kids. But he is a grown man! I hope you get some ideas for meals. I like the spice nile (?) corn chowder. You just add hot water, and it is only 110 calories. Bread, nuts, peanut butter & jelly, fruit, veggies. That is all I can think of for things to take. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to you all!

If you realize that this isn't "a diet" - that it is an educational site to help you make a healthier eating lifestyle change - then yes, it will last longer than a week.

:smile:
  • KimmyBee
    Options
    You do realise that the word "diet" refers simply to what you eat thoughout your day and doesnt necisserily mean you are trying to lose weight. People can live of a diet of hamburgers if they wish.

hahaha.. sorry. I am a cheeky bugger