scales that tell bf%

Options
I have a scale that the reads bf% and water% of my weight. I am smack dab in the middle of the healthy weight range for my height. My bf% reads 32% which according to some bf charts is obese! I have been into fitness for years (running, weights, kickbox, etc) so I don't think I'm skinny/fat. I know calipers are more reliable for bf%, but how reliable are scales? It's not an expensive one by any means.

Replies

• Vaisaxena
    Vaisaxena Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have a scale that the reads bf% and water% of my weight. I am smack dab in the middle of the healthy weight range for my height. My bf% reads 32% which according to some bf charts is obese! I have been into fitness for years (running, weights, kickbox, etc) so I don't think I'm skinny/fat. I know calipers are more reliable for bf%, but how reliable are scales? It's not an expensive one by any means.

Very unreliable. You can basically go to the washroom and check the scale again and it'll read a different number. Calipers are cheaper and more accurate. The best thing you can do is weigh yourself at the same time everyday... a good guideline is upon waking before water/coffee and after going to the washroom.