When a little makes a BIG difference (Progress Pics)

Options
Linli_Anne
Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
My story isn't amazing like many people here. I suffered from a case of tons-of-excuses. I have kids, so I'm too busy to be active. I do all my own cooking, so surely that is healthy for me...blah, blah, blah.

This is me, September 2012. I didn't have a scale at the time, but I was wearing XL tops, and size 14 pants, and some of them were pretty snug. I was probably around 210.

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/20130315_171603_zps70863763.jpg[/img]

I rejoined weight watchers, lost about 5 pounds before I came over to MFP. I have since, along wtih learning the right amount of calories for me, completed 30 day shred, Ripped in 30, and Stage 1 of New Rules of Lifting for Women. Scale wise I have lost 14 pounds since November. But, I am now wearing a Medium top and for the most part a size 10 pants.

This is me, on my 31st birthday a couple of weeks ago.

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s541/Linli_Anne/Weightloss and Toning/a0afa812-a500-4f13-80b7-b7c29e1127aa_zps561e652a.jpg[/img]

I have been frustrated that the scale isn't dropping crazy fast like some people on my friend list. And, until I really looked at this picture of me from September compared to now, I felt like I wasn't making any progress, despite my change in clothing sizes. I still could see the same person in the mirror.

But, this week-end I really took notice of my body, and of just how much I have changed it, and will continue to change it. Even if I only lose another pound of scale weight, I know that my efforts of being active, and eating healthy will reward me with a strong body.

Look at how far I've come already. Don't tie yourself to the number on the scale. There is SO much more to this.

Replies

• monarchangel86
    monarchangel86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look great! I can definitely see a difference.
  • persilcolours
    persilcolours Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look great! I can definitely see a big difference!
  • saveferris2013
    Options
    Congratulations, you look so healthy and happy. Way to go! Don't worry about the scale, you are making all the right moves and dietary changes and that's what counts. I am purposely not weighing myself for 99 days. I know, sounds crazy, but I am being strict with my diet and exercising. I know that June 6th with come with or without me making all these changes, so I want to see what impact I can have over a period of time. The scale and what it says sometimes sends me into a tailspin, so I don't want it to have control over me.
    I hope you had a festive birthday!!
  • floopysandi
    floopysandi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic!!! And you look fab!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    you look great! congrats!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal - awesome success, keep it going!
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look simply amazing! Congrats on your progress and the hard work it took to get there!
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    congratz! awesome transformation!
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have always thought that the clothes tell the story much more accurately than the scale. You are clearly doing an AMAZING job! I am stunned that the scale only says 14 lbs. You look so much healthier. Keep up the good work!
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You look and ARE amazing and I'm so happy you are on my FL and keep me motivated!:smile:
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.

I don't know why I couldn't "see" it myself...but, I'm glad I see it now.
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Your story IS amazing!
    Thank you for sharing, and congratulations to you!
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • beckty
    beckty Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad you posted this! Wow, if I look that amazing after 14lbs off, I'll be proud. Great work!
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow! So great! You look like you have lost way more than 14 lbs. Just goes to show you that the scale is not the way to gage your health! Keep it up!!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    You look WONDERFUL! Definitely can see the difference. I wish 14 pounds could make that much of a difference for me! Just wow! Keep kicking butt!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!! Every story on here is amazing, don't sell yourself and your progress short. Congrats :drinker:
  • ajroberts11
    ajroberts11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You've made wonderful progress! Keep it up!
    Congratulations, you look so healthy and happy. Way to go! Don't worry about the scale, you are making all the right moves and dietary changes and that's what counts. I am purposely not weighing myself for 99 days. I know, sounds crazy, but I am being strict with my diet and exercising. I know that June 6th with come with or without me making all these changes, so I want to see what impact I can have over a period of time. The scale and what it says sometimes sends me into a tailspin, so I don't want it to have control over me.
    I hope you had a festive birthday!!

I'm about to complete something similar to this, but I only did four weeks without the scale. It gave me a chance to refocus on the process of eating healthy and exercising. Now, I'm curious to see how the scale may or may not change, but I'm most proud of meeting ALL of my exercise goals the past four weeks!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I have always thought that the clothes tell the story much more accurately than the scale.

This! And the clothes are telling a good story, congrats on your hard work paying off so well. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!