In need of a good website with recipes for dinner.

Options
I am having trouble thinking about what to cook for dinner for my husband and I. I need simple recipies that are easy to measure out a serving where I will know the calories. Not recipies with crazy things in it like wine and crazy spices that normal people don't keep on hand in their kitchen. PLEASE HELP MY HUSBAND IS STARVING!! lol

Replies

• aleyjewell
    aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I will give the standard answer because it is my favorite.
    www.skinnytaste.com
    I have tried a lot of the recipes and they almost all have been awesome!
    (The one I didn't like was my fault for adding to much lime)
  • Tiffit4life
    Options
    I just took a look at the website and thank you!! I like it a lot!! If you know of anymore feel free to share!! :)
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes has been my go to website for virtually everything. They have a 5 ingredient or less section:

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/everyday-cooking/quick-and-easy/5-ingredient-recipes/
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I second the skinny taste choice - also I use pinterest to find a ton of healthy recipes
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I adore SkinnyTaste and I have liked just about everything I have cooked from there. :)
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use both Skinny Taste and Allrrecipes. I tend to use my own versions and especially different things I like that may make something healthier (ie using cauliflower instead of mashed potatos)
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Sparkpeople.com is another "diet" website and they have a section with thousands of recipes that are rated by users, and have the nutritional values worked out for you. I have tried several and they were all really good.
  • SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love www.bbcgoodfood.com it has loads of healthy recipes and it tells you how many calories, fat, carbs etc are in each serving so its really easy to then just add it to your food diary x
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    PINTEREST!
  • Tiffit4life
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Since skinnytaste (one of my favorites) has already been listed... you should also check out

www.emilybites.com
    www.preventionrd.com
    www.eat-yourself-skinny.com

all these sites are excellent, and like skinnytaste they all give nutritional info for all the recipes. enjoy!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I like the BBC Good Food website, gives me loads of inspiration. I also put pictures of all my meals and links to recipes on my food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com. Shamless plug, I know, but it might give you some inspiration :)

Ax
  • afigirl86
    afigirl86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just found this site a couple days ago. So far I love it.
    http://www.skinnykitchen.com/

Or

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/
    It is really simple to throw in chicken breast or lean meat in to these recipes.
  • jorge882
    jorge882 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of recipes from Pinterest.... I find a lot under the "Health & Fitness" section. There are a lot of recipes in the "Food" section, but they're not all healthy, so you have to be careful if you look there.
  • MariaAkeroyd
    MariaAkeroyd Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try Epicurious.com
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    eatingwell.com
    skinnytaste.com
    allrecipes.com

Never sure what is "normal" food and what is not, but there are lots of good recipes at all three of those.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump