sugar intake help

Options
I always go over my intake on sugar, but i get it from fruits, veggies, meats (and my guilty peanut butter pleasure) what can i do to keep my sugar intake under? recipes, food help, anything would be appreciated. even a critique of my food journal. help please!

Replies

• Vaisaxena
    Vaisaxena Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Save your calories and your sugar for a post-workout meal - don't follow the MFP guidelines for sugar - that's nonsense.
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Save your calories and your sugar for a post-workout meal - don't follow the MFP guidelines for sugar - that's nonsense.

How deliciously ironic
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I always go over my intake on sugar, but i get it from fruits, veggies, meats (and my guilty peanut butter pleasure) what can i do to keep my sugar intake under? recipes, food help, anything would be appreciated. even a critique of my food journal. help please!

as long as it's real sugar from whole foods, don't worry about it. refined sugars are the issue. good luck! :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

as long as it's real sugar from whole foods, don't worry about it. refined sugars are the issue. good luck! :)

Care to tell the difference between the two metabolically speaking?
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    eat less fruit
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    eat more veggies
  • CoachReddy
    Options

nope. this isn't turning into one of your mega threads, this is a thread where we'll answer the OPs question. have a good one. :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

nope. this isn't turning into one of your mega threads, this is a thread where we'll answer the OPs question. have a good one. :)

Except it's pertinent to the advice you gave. If there is no difference metabolically why would one be an issue and the other not be an issue
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Except it's pertinent to the advice you gave. If there is no difference metabolically why would one be an issue and the other not be an issue

see your other threads. this has already been discussed. :)
  • maddieb4
    maddieb4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those who helped. I don't see why we have to ruin it CoachReddy and Acg67....
    there is a difference in the two, one being natural and one being fake. i know to stay away from fake sugar, but even real can be bad. (if too much is eaten)

Acg67. if i cared to ask which one was metabolically different i would have. it's like fitness trolling. i asked my question with the hope that i can get answers from others and others can even learn. Maybe try making a post asking about metabolical differences of foods?
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Thanks for those who helped. I don't see why we have to ruin it CoachReddy and Acg67....
    there is a difference in the two, one being natural and one being fake. i know to stay away from fake sugar, but even real can be bad. (if too much is eaten)

Acg67. if i cared to ask which one was metabolically different i would have. it's like fitness trolling. i asked my question with the hope that i can get answers from others and others can even learn. Maybe try making a post asking about metabolical differences of foods?

I honestly don't think you can eat too much fruit, as long as you're also eating sufficient fat and protein. I eat 3-4 pieces a day and keep my body fat way low. but if you're worried about it, stick to one or 2 pieces a day and you'll be fine.

good luck! and sorry about the slight derailment...
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Acgs question was relevant.