Weight Watcher's Fruit Cobbler

Options
merguson
merguson Posts: 281 Member
Okay, so I'm trying to look for something to bring to a get-together tomorrow. I'm not a weight watcher follower at all. I really have no idea how their points work. But I have the recipe that a friend had given me a long time ago. It looks so easy to make so I thought I might try it. Has anyone made this before? What are your opinions??

Weight Watcher's Fruit Cobbler

16 oz of frozen berries
1 yellow cake mix
1 can of diet sprite

Spread berries on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
Sprinkle cake mix on top.
Pour the entire can of diet sprite over top.
Cover with tin foil.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes

If you've made this, can you tell me if I need to mix all the ingredients in the pan or just let it be and bake?

Would love to hear your opinions!!!!

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Do just like it says, the calories are around 200 cals for 1/12 of a slice. Its really good to the berrys rise and its really yummy with cool whip free
  • jsydnor64
    Options
    Its very good!!! Have fun...
  • CinthiaF
    CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    what do you think the portions should for that i divide it by 6 and well it come out to have a lot of calories in it for 1/6 of it. i want to wake this but would really like to know before i make so i can remember :flowerforyou:
  • merguson
    Options
    YAY!! Thank you all for responding so quickly! Okay, so, fruit cobbler it is! I'll let you know how it goes over with the crowd. Definitely getting the cool whip light to go with it. I had already been thinking that cool whip would go well with it.

CinthiaF: I think it works out to 3 WW points for 1/12 of the cake. Which is somewhere around 200 calories for 1/12 of the cake(perhaps a little more). If you cut the cake into 6 pieces instead of 12 for looking around 400 calories for 1 piece. Someone correct me if that is wrong please.
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    YAY!! Thank you all for responding so quickly! Okay, so, fruit cobbler it is! I'll let you know how it goes over with the crowd. Definitely getting the cool whip light to go with it. I had already been thinking that cool whip would go well with it.

CinthiaF: I think it works out to 3 WW points for 1/12 of the cake. Which is somewhere around 200 calories for 1/12 of the cake(perhaps a little more). If you cut the cake into 6 pieces instead of 12 for looking around 400 calories for 1 piece. Someone correct me if that is wrong please.

i hate to be the one to do that but i divided it up and it a little over 500 calorie if i do it my way but 1/12 sound even better thank you for the advice and i am sorry if i up set you in anyway shape or fashion
  • merguson
    Options

i hate to be the one to do that but i divided it up and it a little over 500 calorie if i do it my way but 1/12 sound even better thank you for the advice and i am sorry if i up set you in anyway shape or fashion

Not upset at all! :happy:
  • merguson
    Options
    AHhhh Missed one important step!! IF anyone is going to make this you need to:

TAKE THE TINFOIL OFF AFTER 20 MINUTES THEN CONTINUE BAKING FOR ANOTHER 40 MINUTES.
  • CinthiaF
    Options
    AHhhh Missed one important step!! IF anyone is going to make this you need to:

TAKE THE TINFOIL OFF AFTER 20 MINUTES THEN CONTINUE BAKING FOR ANOTHER 40 MINUTES.

Cool i will keep that in mind thank you for the update on this :flowerforyou:
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Without figuring in fiber and depending on fat usually WW points equal 1 point for every 50 calories
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump... thanks
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    This sounds exactly like my grandma's "Dump Cake," as she called it, b/c you just dump the cake mix on top of the fruit. She usually used peaches though, and it's DELICIOUS!!