Who has a Fitbit Aria?

Options
BarbieAS
BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
Question for you - ok, so I read on the website that it will track up to 8 users and transfer their data to Fitbit. However, I'm wondering if you can track people on the scale who don't have a Fitbit account? For example, I'm the only one in my house who has a Fitbit. But, if I spent that kind of dough on a scale, I'd like my husband and kids to be able to use it as well, even though none of them have Fitbits or Fitbit accounts. I guess I could sign them up for accounts just to use with the Aria, but that seems like overkill, since none of them would be logging any food or exercise there. Does anyone know?

Also, if you have any thoughts on how well it works just as a scale in general, feel free to share :).

Replies

• jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You could technically track your family, if you made fitbit accounts for them. As long as you knew their weight, it should recognize them. The trick would be getting them to stay on long enough for the data to transmit. It will not keep track without a fitbit account.

As for the scale itself, it's great! It seems to be much less "moody" than my last scale. And you can hop on quick and if you see numbers you don't like, you can get off of the scale before it transmits to Fitbit :)
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!

So, if you can get the numbers and then get off before it transmits...theoretically you could get the numbers without having a Fitbit account at all? Or no? Sorry, lol. I'm just thinking, like, I'd love my husband to be able to see his body fat percentage. He doesn't really need the tracking of the weight/BF% that the account would offer, but just to be able to get it in his face every once in awhile. I know he'd never follow through with food logging and such (I even signed him up for an MFP account and he won't use it!) but just getting and seeing the numbers would be a start. I could get any scale that gives you a BF% (as marginally accurate as I know they ALL are) but I've been tossing around the idea of getting the Aria for awhile and I was thinking it might be a good excuse to get it.
  • jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it will do BF without an account, because I think it needs height to calculate properly. I can experiment with it and double check though. Either way, it's a great investment! I love how it syncs with MFP, I find it to be a great tool.