FITBIT ULTRA USERS

Options
I just got a Fitbit Ultra yesterday...it's a used one and did not come with instructions.. While I did find most the info I needed on line I have a few questions. First....do you wear your Fitbit while you exercise and let it calculate and adjust your MFP. Or do you take it off and enter your exercise separately? Also wondering if the Wii Fit exercises I do are calculated correctly if I leave it on? How do you clear it out for a new day?
Thanks !

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    They don't come with instructions. Look at heir website for instructions. You you go to the blue help section on the top of this page you can find out all you need to know about linking it to MFP.
  • bitsyland
    bitsyland Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks...I am already linked to MFP....I just want to know if I should wear it when I exercise and if it calculates correctly doing things like Wii Fit. Or should I take it off when I exercise and add the exercise manually to MFP?
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I wear my Fitbit all day, but only add exercise on the MFP site when I wear my HRM. Otherwise, I let the Fitbit do all the work. You don't need to take it off when you work out, because once you add the exercise into the MFP site it subtracts your Fitbit calories (so you don't double up on calories).

Also, there is a "Fitbit" Groups on under the MFP Group section. Great place to get questions answered and to find Fitbit friends.

I love my Fitbit and hope you enjoy yours as well! :flowerforyou:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I am already linked to MFP....I just want to know if I should wear it when I exercise and if it calculates correctly doing things like Wii Fit. Or should I take it off when I exercise and add the exercise manually to MFP?

If its stopping exercise- just left fitbit do its thing. You don't need to reset it at night bit dies it automatically.
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yes, wear it while you exercise. MFP will ask you for what time you started your exercising and "talk" to the FitBit so that calories burned are not counted twice. Generally, FitBit says I burned more calories than MFP does so there will be an adjustment for the difference in calories burned.
  • bitsyland
    bitsyland Posts: 49
    Options
    THANK YOU!
  • AnotherTryLiz
    AnotherTryLiz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I wear mine ALL the time and only track my food and exercise using MFP. Hope you are liking it!