• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    They're just jealous.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I like skinny people.

I use them to floss my teeth when I'm done eating.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    They're just jealous.

Jelly bellies, if you may.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yay objectification!
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Can you imagine the uproar if those skinny girls started posting pictures with things like "You're not curvy, you're fat"...

Don't kid yourself into thinking those pictures don't exist or that bias doesn't exist.

However, I do agree with your main point, that there is no one specific ideal for what a person looks like (or how a person behaves, frankly). I'm usually annoyed by any of those, "Real women ... " or "Real men ... " type slogans. (and I'm not talking goofy sports shirts and such). I don't think that kind of mentality serves anyone. But I don't bother getting bent about it, either.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    pr1.gif
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Just do your thing, ignore the noises. Try to make YOU happy and work for it. Rather than trying to please who don't matter. And don't kid yourself, when you let these bashing get to you, you basically are trying to please them because somehow those noises matter enough for you to let them get to you.

If you wanna be skinny, be skinny
    wanna be muscular, be muscular
    wanna be a wizard, apply for Hogwarts
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I judge enough for the both of us.

Yeah, I'm jealous. All. The. Time.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Just do your thing, ignore the noises. Try to make YOU happy and work for it. Rather than trying to please who don't matter. And don't kid yourself, when you let these bashing get to you, you basically are trying to please them because somehow those noises matter enough for you to let them get to you.

If you wanna be skinny, be skinny
    wanna be muscular, be muscular
    wanna be a wizard, apply for Hogwarts

I wanna be a wizard!!!!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    While it annoys me to see, and I'll usually say something if somebody on MFP posts one of those sayings...

It's just stuff people say to make themselves feel better. And I WISH they could find a more productive way to do it. A way to do it without bashing others.

Just realize, it's not about you. It's about them.
    And I truly believe once they get at a better place internally they will focus less on bashing others.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I didn't get the message yet about skinny bashing.. must not of went cat form yet cause all I get on my FB posts are people and cat pictures..
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    People will bash people for their bodies. Heavy, thin, muscular, etc. It's just ignorance.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    While it annoys me to see, and I'll usually say something if somebody on MFP posts one of those sayings...

It's just stuff people say to make themselves feel better. And I WISH they could find a more productive way to do it. A way to do it without bashing others.

Just realize, it's not about you. It's about them.
    And I truly believe once they get at a better place internally they will focus less on bashing others.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    People will bash people for their bodies. Heavy, thin, muscular, etc. It's just ignorance.
    yup
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    But, it's also important to remember that people have preferences and it's not the same as bashing.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    People that bash/body sham ANYONE based on their weight, clothing size, whatever are ignorant and classless IMO. People come in all shapes, weight and sizes. People will do this regardless sadly and I've seen it more here on this site than anywhere.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    People that bash/body sham ANYONE based on their weight, clothing size, whatever are ignorant and classless IMO. People come in all shapes, weight and sizes. People will do this regardless sadly and I've seen it more here on this site than anywhere.

I see it much more on this site than anywhere else. Not sure I even see it anywhere else (other than a small random comment now and then).
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    But, it's also important to remember that people have preferences and it's not the same as bashing.
    And to those that do bash I usually say "You don't find me attractive? Good. I'm kinda glad."