Favourite apple?

Options

Replies

• shelbygt350h
    Options
    I like the Golden Delicious when they finally ripen !
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I remember eating Winesap (?) as a child and loving it's extreme tartness. Haven't seen it in 30 years. Would love to find it again to see if I still like it.

Oh dang, I remember those, too! And they were good!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    hony crisp
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Braeburns.

I hate Pink Ladys. Take them! take them ALL.
  • kwmarissa
    kwmarissa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Pink Lady hands down :love:
  • x0_ncr
    x0_ncr Posts: 15
    Options
    Fuji! :)
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    Fuji FTW!
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Honey crisp and Braeburn!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Gala apples
  • LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've never had a honey crisp! And now I feel like I'm missing out, can't say I've ever seen them for sale in Australia though.

I like Sundowner and Pink Lady.
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You might be interested in the current issue of Mother Jones. There's an article on heirloom apples and an apple expert in Maine who's been working all of his life looking for old trees to make cuttings of to keep the old variations alive.

We have local orchards here, mostly Jonagold, Braeburn, and Cortlands, which are extra good when they're freshly picked. .

I might check that out, it sounds like an interesting article. And you mentioned my favourite, Braeburn!
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Ohh, hey. I'm having one of those "I'm not real bright" moments. I'm not a huge apple fan, but I noticed at some point that people were going on and on about Honeycrisp apples and I thought to myself, "Self, you ought to try those things!" So I did, and I thought they were good, or you know, not bad, but hardly deserving of those devotionals I kept hearing...

They have a season...
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I like all apples except golden and red delicious. They are often flavourless or mealy.

Yup 100% agree. When I was growing up Apples = Red Delicious, but now I think they are horrible. Fuji is my hands down favorite apple.
  • fionahay
    fionahay Posts: 44
    Options
    Gala apples are my faves!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Yet another honeycrisp lover!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp.

I can't eat any other type of apple.
  • KalaMakaKoa
    KalaMakaKoa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sweet Tango's are my absolute fav! All you Honeycrisp lovers, look for the Sweet Tango's in late summer-early fall, they are actually better. :) I will do Blushing Gold when the Tango's are out of season. When all else fails I eat Pink Lady and Fuji's. I live in Apple Country in NC so we are surrounded.
  • arsonsmom
    arsonsmom Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Fuji!!
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Fujji!! I think that is how it spelled?
    They were out of Red and golden delicious when we went to pick up apples one time and the owner suggested we try Fujji because they were popular. So we got a few to try....never went back to the red/golden delicious since!
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love golden delicious apples :love:
    I'll eat pretty much any kind of apple though, except granny smith :sick: