Anyone in Philly looking to Join a health group?

Options
Hi all!

I'm located here in Philly, PA and looking for people who would like to gather together as a motivated unit to get fit together! In recent years I've put together group exercises events on the Philly Art Museum Stairs as well as group runs walks fit tests challenges and possibly 5k/10k races for anyone who is interested in that as well. The list goes on!

If anyone is interested in joining in a group activity and becoming part of an encouraging supportive team that will provide health and fitness tips as well as help each other through the struggles of staying active and healthy please feel free to contact me either here on MFP by email at phillyrunnersgroup@gmail.com or instagram: ThisNewFitGirl.

Have a great day!

Replies

• faster_than_flash
    faster_than_flash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing a color run or something in July. Friend signed me up. I'm not a hard core runner but I can run from things =) Sounds fun - let me know if/when you guys are doing something.
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    ThisNewFitGirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I'm doing the color run too! I'll send you some info about the fit group. Me and some of my running buddies have been training with the couch 2 5k app and its going really well. We would still like to expand our running group so I will for sure be reaching out to you!

Have a great one!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Oooh... maybe! I live right over the bridge in south Jersey. I might get involved if my schedule permits.
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    Options
    Excellent i'll send you some information about it.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I haven't lived there in 20yrs. But Philly used to be a fun place to live. And you could find a gym ANYWHERE !! I lived in Frankford, Rawnhurst, NE Philly, then up in Bucks County for awhile ......
    Frankford was a rough place back then .....
  • ThisNewFitGirl
    Options
    Yeah fran sure is still rough place. Maybe someday that will change :)