Underweight, stomach fat

Options
13»

Replies

• angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Why keep making the same posts? You had great suggestions the last time you posted your pictures and apparently you do not want to do them. I think you don't like what they had to say so you are trying to find someone's response that you would like..like maybe eat less?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eat, lift weights, see a doctor.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Eat more, lift weights...Yes, its that simple....food will give you more energy to lift and will feed your body, lifting will build muscle and burn fat.

I put on 15lbs this year, and the difference was amazing, and I'm not done.
    http://dakd0cjsv8wfa.cloudfront.net/images/photos/726/820/19726820_6538.jpg
    I'm with meg. Same shirt same weight:
    untitled.JPG[

And same weight in the same skirt:
    487781_10152557279435607_456144231_n.jpg
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Yes. Specifically a gynecologist for your lack of a period and a psychologist for your possible eating disorder.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    LIFT
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Okay :( I've been told this quite a bit before but I'm really no good at it :( I can never make myself eat more because I feel guilty and I never have the energy to lift my kettlebell because I'm tired from work
    Your in a ketch 22. Lack of eating is gong to use up muscle for your energy deficit making your stomach fat more pronounced even though you probably are going to lose weight. You need to understand that weight training and eating to sustain linear progress (able to lift more weight) with that weight training is going to fix your problem......unfortunately most that have a problem with eating enough food will never see these results. Ask a good trainer, a dietitian, your Dr. for advice as well.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The missing period thing comes down to two options. You're pregnant or your not eating enough.

^^Doctor in da Haus! Not.

See a real doc.
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Absolutely STUNNING! :flowerforyou:
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

This. Nothing more to add.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Eat more, lift weights...Yes, its that simple....food will give you more energy to lift and will feed your body, lifting will build muscle and burn fat.

I put on 15lbs this year, and the difference was amazing, and I'm not done.
    http://dakd0cjsv8wfa.cloudfront.net/images/photos/726/820/19726820_6538.jpg
    I'm with meg. Same shirt same weight:
    untitled.JPG[

you for the win!
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Okay :( I've been told this quite a bit before but I'm really no good at it :( I can never make myself eat more because I feel guilty and I never have the energy to lift my kettlebell because I'm tired from work

Then you just have to live with it....

Exactly, make the change or make an excuse.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Are you not worried about not having your period? What if there is something seriously wrong with you and you THINK it is only that you're underweight? I had a period problem once and they thought I had cancer.

Second of all, I hate to say this, but you look skinny-fat. Don't be offended, you can fix it, you just need to change some things.

Here is an example. I once weighed 128 lbs and got that way through the "break up" diet. I didn't eat bc my bf and I broke up. I put on a swimsuit and had backfat, a beer gut and. my butt was flat. I weighed so little, but looked TOO horrible to be seen in that suit.

Fast forward a couple of years and I was at 162. I started working with a personal trainer three days a week for lifting and then did intervals on the treadmill for 45 min daily (without fail). He designed a diet for me which I semi-followed. It was mostly lean protein (real food, not shakes) and fruits and veggies. I added beer on my own, lol and a few other cheats. After 6 mos, I got down to 150 and I looked BANGING in a bikini. I got whistled at from behind (even by a girl in her 20s, lol). Yet I weighed 18 lbs more in the first scenario vs the second. This is the difference between skinny/fat and then toned/hot.

You need weights.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    You're 16. You still have growing, developing etc to do. Stop worrying about it. Also do note you need to be 18 to use this site.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    You are 16? You are young. Eat healthy, Exercise by doing sports and having fun. Stop worrying about your body to the point of obsession (all the previous threads indicate that there is an obsession, IMO) and enjoy your life. You have plenty of years ahead of you to worry about other things, don't start so early!