Insanity and running

Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Any runners complete (or currently working on) the Insanity program? If so, how do you fit your runs in?

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Any runners complete (or currently working on) the Insanity program? If so, how do you fit your runs in?
    The first month of Insanity your workouts are around 35 minutes then in the second they are an hour! Yesterday was Pure Cardio which is a straight hi intensity workout for 30 minutes then I took my dogs and we ran 2.5 miles!!! This is my second time around with Insanity and I have done one round of P90X.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    The first month of Insanity your workouts are around 35 minutes then in the second they are an hour! Yesterday was Pure Cardio which is a straight hi intensity workout for 30 minutes then I took my dogs and we ran 2.5 miles!!! This is my second time around with Insanity and I have done one round of P90X.
    Did you find that Insanity helped you at all with running? I'm debating getting the program, but I want to make sure I'll still be up for my runs since I'm doing races all summer.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Did you find that Insanity helped you at all with running? I'm debating getting the program, but I want to make sure I'll still be up for my runs since I'm doing races all summer.
    I think your endurance really increases!!! I do not run more than 4.5 miles due to a bad back.
This discussion has been closed.