Ladies! A question about squats!

Options
2»

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a lifting class since mid December I would say.... I didn't take before pics of my butt and thighs, but there is a noticable difference in how firm they are... before I started lifting 2 days a week you wouldn't catch me in 'tights/leggings' now I love to have them on. I still have the inner thigh jiggle, but my butt and thighs hands down look better.

ps - I would like to squat heavier, but I am doing it on a barbell, and I am almost at max capacity of what I can lift over my head...hehe..May try to add one more 1kg plate per side.

Do you have access to a squat rack so you don't have to press the weight over your head?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    What kind of weights are you using? I noticed a difference after I started squatting heavy.

Definitely heavy! See my profile picture! I just don't have a backside lol

Do you do other lifts? Deadlifts and lunges in addition to your squats would help.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    ok, even at my heaviest, i never had junk in my trunk...no fat or anything...i can do squats till im blue in the face and all i get is a very muscular *kitten*..and it sucks...ill never have that nice round *kitten* look :( ive lifted heavy, ive lifted light, ive added in other exercises to work the *kitten*...nothing...just flat and muscular.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Even though my rear is still coated in fat, it's definitely higher and has a better shape then before. Squats are wonderful, especially when coupled with deadlifts and lunges (as Deevaa mentioned).
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    okay, great tips, my butt hurts just reading them all and especially that video clip. LOL!