how do you shred?

Options
Pariah
Pariah Posts: 97 Member
for those of you doing the 30 day shred, i'm curious how YOU are doing it.

are you dedicating
10 days to each level? alternating levels each day? or just sticking with one level?

are you taking any rest days?

what size weights are you using?

today is my 5th day on shred. i'm going to do 10 days for each level before moving to the next. i'm not sure if i will take any rest days, i'm still deciding. and i'm using two pound weights.

Replies

• aesoprok
    aesoprok Posts: 70
    Options
    Today was my third day doing the shred. I haven't decided when to change levels, 1 is kicking my butt! 10 days sounds like a good amount of time for each, that way you split a month evenly. Maybe after 30 straight days i'll switch to 3 days a week.
    I use 3 pound weights.
  • hollyheckman
    Options
    I did the shred a months ago, and I did each level for ten days. I did not take any rest days. I just did 30 consecutive days. As for the weights, I used 10 pound weights.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Hollyheckman : Did you lose inches when you did the 30 day shred??? Im starting it tomorrow and was hoping it's just what i need to get some inches off me.. Im not so worried about losing weight i just to lose inches
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    Yes, I lost inches!!!
    I did 10 days each level. Tightened everything up really fast.
    I also jogged.
    But then I got an injury on an elliptical and had to take 2 weeks off from everything.
    I'm now back on The Shred, but this time am doing a different level each day, just to mix it up. And it's HARD getting back in the saddle again. Oh, my aching shoulders from the pushups.
    But it's a good pain, you know? Pain as proof that I'm really working hard.
  • erossetti
    erossetti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    what is the shred and how can i get more info??

thanks =)
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY

the dvd consists of 3 work outs, each one a little harder. the work outs are about 25-30 minutes each. you do a quick warm up then 3 circuits of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. then a quick cool down. it's not like insanity or p90x where you are supposed to do certain workouts on certain days. with shred it's more up to the user what workouts they do and when.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I do the Shred once or twice a week, been doing it since Sept/Oct. 09. I do each level for a couple of weeks, so probably about 10 times each level. When I get bored, I change levels. :happy: I've done Level 1, 2, 3, 1 again, and now I'm on 2 again. I started out using 2 lb. weights, now I use 3 and sometimes 5 lb. weights. Other than the Shred, I ride our stationary bike, work out at the gym, Wii Fit and other videos. It's working for me, so I keep changing things up.
  • aesoprok
    aesoprok Posts: 70
    Options
    I did the shred a months ago, and I did each level for ten days. I did not take any rest days. I just did 30 consecutive days. As for the weights, I used 10 pound weights.
    Geez 10 pounds! You must be jacked by now :laugh:
  • QueenBxIGPANTS
    Options
    I'm going to give this a try. Where can I buy it from?
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Any big box store,,, Walmart, Tar-jay. $9, worth it.
  • QueenBxIGPANTS
    Options
    T/Y
    WOW, You didn't lose all that weight just from the shred did you?
    How long have you been dieting. You look amazing!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Thank you,

My wife Mariettarose and I have been working together on this for about 16 months. I lost 50 pounds in the first 6 months with straight up diet & exercise - logging calories and exercise here at MFP - and I've been fooling around with the last 10 and having fun with fitness goals ever since. My wife has lost 70 pounds and she's doing super too, but she still wants to drop some more.

30 day shred was/is a great part of our program, but no, it wasn't really the whole thing. We do lots of stuff, which keeps it from getting boring.
  • QueenBxIGPANTS
    Options
    That's so motivating to hear! Congratulations to you and your wife both!