What type of protein bars do you like?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    No one has suggested these two yet and i get the best results from them, supreme crunch carb conscious bars and Oh! yeah bars. Both come in small under 200cal form, 15G of protein, or for a meal replacment on the go they come in 400cal size with 30g protein, both have amazing flavors, legit, not dissing on luna or quest or all the other bars but the ones i suggested taste basically like a candy bar... but not. you can order some boxes on bodybuilding.com hope this helps, if your interested ill suggest what i think are the best flavs

Sure:smile:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I like luna.

10g protein, lots of vitamins, made for women and yes there are some chocolately ones!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I also like to use them when we travel/camp and we're a long time between meals.
    So, I want them to taste good for hubby and daughter :tongue:
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I like Nature Valley protein bars. I get the dark chocolate kind. It's pretty good!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reference. :(
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    As mentioned above a few times - Pure Protein (I like them all except the strawberry and blueberry ones). Also, Quest and Promax LS.
  • astrogal_33
    astrogal_33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really like the NuGo line of nutrition and protein bars. I have food allergies & intolerance's, so the NuGo Free is perfect for me. The mostly everything-free bars are super tasty, so I can only imagine the other choices are even tastier. They have about 9 different product lines and tons of flavors!
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    quest cookie dough is the best protein bar on the planet
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I also like to use them when we travel/camp and we're a long time between meals.
    So, I want them to taste good for hubby and daughter :tongue:

Well, this changes things a little :)

When I want a bar for travelling it needs to be one that does not melt on me. In that case the extra carbs may not be bad since you are burning the calories. In that case if I am looking for something light I like the luna toasted nut and cranberry bar. If I am going hiking and need more available energy I would go with a cliff bar.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars (usually found @ Walmart)... They are between 180 - 200 calories each with 19-20 Grams of protein... The peanut butter are good.. but they are among the 200 calories.. The Caramel (revolution) bars are good at 180 for 20 G. protein, the Chocolate deluxe are 180 but are a bit choclatey for me... though I do eat them... I like the Smore's variety that has like 19 G. protein for 180 calories... (All are the same brand .. pure protein)..

Another option that is usually better for after workouts are protein shakes.. They provide a faster infusion of protein into the muscle repair .. For those, I like Core Power - the light ones are 150 calories for 20 mg and the others are 26 mg for 240 calories (but they are probably more satisfying.. depends on how I am doing on my daily goal as to which one I choose.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Quest, Luna, Clif Builders, Balance and NuGo currently in the pantry. I like variety.

There's also Corazona bars and Greek yogurt bars in there. Lots of variety...
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Oh, as an aside, if you find that your fiber is less than what you would like the newer fiber plus protein bars... They contain like 10 g protein + about 25% of your RDA of fiber in a day's time.. Sometimes, that is my breakfast.
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Luna and Clif bars are my favorites. :)
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    The bars from the Quest line is delicious. A friend of mine is a sponsored athlete of Quest and she got me a few boxes of the Quest Cookie Dough before they rolled them out into production and it ROCKS!! --throw (any flavor) in the microwave for 10 seconds and you'll think you are cheating!!
  • officernorton
    officernorton Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Quest hands down is the best in my opinion!
  • _AC3_
    _AC3_ Posts: 16
    Options
    Clif bars and the Harvest Power Bars. All from 220 to 240 calories and I think they're yummy. I use them for breakfast usually or as a pre-workout snack.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars. Nothing beats them!
  • MrsFlotron
    MrsFlotron Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I never cared for them but I recently tried a coconut toasted zone bar and I actually liked it. I don't even like coconut!
  • SavannahMarett
    SavannahMarett Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Supreme Protein are my favorite by far! They do have around 200 calories thats a decent snack. They are very filling too! And delicious!!!