Does anyone else have a spouse that sabotages you?

Options
2»

Replies

• NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I posted something like this a few weeks ago! I understand your struggle!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I just saw your pics and I know exactly what the problem is. Your husband is a bigger guy. Now he feels you two are not on the same level. He doesnt want to do the work to loose his lbs and feels ashamed that you are a lot thinner than he is. I think he is resenting you to be honest. Now he feels bc you look better you are going to want someone who looks too.
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    What a awesome job you have done! I looked at your pic's also, WOW!! I hope to do that someday. My hubby is the sameway. He buy's all of that junk, wants to eat out all of the time, and has never once complimented me on what I have lost, including 35 lbs, 26.5 inches, and 2 pants sizes. I finally asked him why he can't compliment me on my progress. He said, "Mel, you have tried many diets, and stopped them. I don't want you to think that if you stop this one, and gain all the weight back, that I no longer find you attractive because I said you looked good 35 lbs less. I love you no matter how you look, as long as your happy." I guess that helped, but something would be nice. He does read labels at the store now, and will eat what I cook, even if it's "healthy". On weekends, when he cooks breakfast, he will make his nice fattening homemade biscuits & gravy, hashbrowns with cheese & onion, sausage & eggs, and my egg white veggie omelet with dry wheat toast, so we can eat together! LOL
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been on this road to weightloss so many times, losing "being married weight", baby #1 weight and baby #2 weight...now just dont' know weight part of number 2. didn't lose it all and got sick and started gaining.
    My husband knows the routine and we eat pretty healthy but his addictions to food are hard on me. and it's not all his fault because i buy him the stuff. Sometimes when I take a bite he'll get on me about it. I constantly ask him to workout with me but he has no desire and then randomly he does but loses it in a week. Before we got married and after for a little while he would go to the gym with me but he does a lot of physical labor for work and is tired when he gets home. That's another reason he can eat and stays pretty thin.
    He does take his lunch and eats healthy but when out he doesn't make good choices.
    I would love to see him workout with me and really get the body that he had when we got married but he's not interested.
    Another thing....he does tell me I look fine but I should just tone up a bit....I need to lose the fat. thanks for the words of enouragement I guess. I just wish he would join me on my runs or at the gym.
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have been on this road to weightloss so many times, losing "being married weight", baby #1 weight and baby #2 weight...now just dont' know weight part of number 2. didn't lose it all and got sick and started gaining.
    My husband knows the routine and we eat pretty healthy but his addictions to food are hard on me. and it's not all his fault because i buy him the stuff. Sometimes when I take a bite he'll get on me about it. I constantly ask him to workout with me but he has no desire and then randomly he does but loses it in a week. Before we got married and after for a little while he would go to the gym with me but he does a lot of physical labor for work and is tired when he gets home. That's another reason he can eat and stays pretty thin.
    He does take his lunch and eats healthy but when out he doesn't make good choices.
    I would love to see him workout with me and really get the body that he had when we got married but he's not interested.
    Another thing....he does tell me I look fine but I should just tone up a bit....I need to lose the fat. thanks for the words of enouragement I guess. I just wish he would join me on my runs or at the gym.