5ft8 girls...what weight and size are you?

Options
Hi everyone,

This is my first post! I've recently lost nearly 60 pounds, although aiming for 98 total as it makes a round 7 stone loss.
Started at 262lbs (nearly 19 stone!!) and am currently 203lbs.
My target weight at the moment is 164lbs (11 stone 10 lbs) which is just inside my bmi.
I have a curvy frame and wide hips, whole family has big bums which I love, and my ideal clothes size is a size 12 (uk)

to help me figure out if my target weight is right for me could you all please tell me what weight you are compared to clothes size?

Ideally from the range between 5ft7 and 5ft9 but everyones input welcome.

Congrats to everyone who has succeeded in their weight loss journey, and to people currently on the journey with me, good luck, well done for any loss and keep going!

Look forward to hearing from you all

Emmie xxxx

Replies

• LakesBecky
    Options
    I'm currently about same as you weight wise. Aiming for 12 stone or slightly under. When I dropped to size 12 before I looked scrawny....

well done you by the way!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Well done!

5'9, and currently about 143lb. Happy with that, as I have a medium frame. I am looking to lose a % or two of body fat now (want to get to about 20%, no lower). I am a US size 6.
  • luminajd
    luminajd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I am 5'9", 162 pounds, and in most brands, I am a 12. I am pretty pear shaped, though, I think if I had less in my hips and more in my stomach, I could easily be a 10.
  • miss_bliss
    Options
    Yeah thats the problem I have, I'm bottom heavy. I'll be happy at a small 14 and able to squeeze into some 12s. Don't want to look scrawny, just want to find my happy weight lol.

thank you all for your comments and the congratulations <3 xxxx
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 5'8. I started at 172lb in April 2012, now at 156. I'm aiming for 140 by end of this year. Trying to focus on getting fit and eating well, rather than dieting. Lifting weights (body pump class) has helped a lot so far.

Depends on the shop, but mostly wear a 12, sometimes 14. (I was around 135 until a couple of years ago so target weight is very achievable, and was a 10-12 then.)

Sounds like we are all making good progress, well done us :-)
  • miss_bliss
    Options
    fab, well done you! it does feel amazing losing all this weight and its good to know I'm aiming for the right sort of weight. I think I'll hit my target weight and re-assess it then if im not in a 12. xxx
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    5"8 here :drinker:

CW: 146lbs
    GW: 130lbs
    Current dress size: 10/12 (UK)
    Goal dress size: 8/10 (UK)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    5ft 9" and weigh 135lbs, tops UK 8 trousers UK 10

ETA: I don't look scrawny!
  • ajudd71
    ajudd71 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 5' 7.5". I weigh 143 and I am a size 10.
  • annsies
    annsies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", about 137 lbs and usually a US size 4-6. When I was 133 lbs, I was a solid 4 (occasionally a 2), and when I was 156 I was about an 8, but could stuff myself into a 6.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 143 lbs. I'm in size 27 jeans, 6 pants, XS shirts, 8 bathing suit. I tend to carry my weight in my lower body. My goal weight is 135.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'8" as well. Started at 215lbs and I am about 155lbs right now. Usually sit around 150lbs so I am up a bit....Havent been as motivated lately! lol

I wear anywhere between size 8 to a size 12 depending on the brand of clothing. Would really like to stay in a size 8 all the time if possible.

GW: 145-150lbs
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    5' 8"

Currently 160, would like to be around 135 but may very well feel "done" at around 145.

I've got the big bum situation as well, so I'm a larger size in pants than in dresses typically. Right now in pants I'm about a US 8 and in dresses I'm a 6. I lived in the UK for a bit and I think the conversion is like 1.5 sizes up kind of....so I'm probably close to UK 10 in pants, maybe a 12.

My goal is to be a comfortable us 6 in pants and 4 in dresses. I think I will need to lose another 15-20lbs before that happens!
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 165. my big goal is 150. but ideally I would eventually like to be 135. according to wrist measurement (not sure how accurate that really is) I have a small frame. I'm a US size 10 right now.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 158 pounds. I'm currently a UK 12/14 depending on the cut (I love Karen Millen and while her size 12 fits, it is a little tight around my bum and thighs for my liking) Aiming for 150 which is a very comfortable size 12 in any label.
  • animal_amy
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress :):)
    I'm 5"9 female, and I weigh 86 kilos (190 lbs). I have curvy hips and bust also. I would like to lose around 7 kilos -to get to approx 175 lbs.
    I am currently in between size 14 and 16 Australian size, (some size 14s fit perfect, others are too small, same with size 16s some fit perfect others fit too big! Depends what shop I'm in and whether the fit is a bit generous or not! haha) and I would just like to drop a size or so really! I like my curvy figure and have no desire to be a stick figure instead, would really just like to tone myself up :)
    Good luck on your journey! :)

PS not saying any of you are stick figures!
    I just found that when i was a size 8-10 I was really bony looking, it didn't suit my frame and I look much healthier as a curvy 14.

My weight tends to distribute really evenly over my entire body so I've always carried my weight well and even now I am constantly told I look healthy and I don't need to lose weight.
    PSS I know UK sizes are heaps different than AUS size but I'm not sure of the conversion :)
  • eddynigma
    eddynigma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5ft 9, currently 160 lbs aiming for 150 lbs and am fitting right now in a US 10 aiming for US 8
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    160 lbs
    Tops: medium, or 8
    Dresses: small or medium, or 8
    Pants: 8 or 10
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Check out mybodygallery.com. You can input your height, shape, and weight to find pictures of other girls who are your size. (All of the pictures are uploaded by website users; they aren't from magazines.)

You can change the weight in the search until you find pictures of girls who look the way you want to and then use that weight as your goal. Sometimes, a size 10 on an apple shape looks different than a size 10 on a pear shape.
  • avaldez10
    Options
    im 5ft 8inches
    CW: 220 lbs
    GW: 180lbs

im a size 16 (U.S)