dieting...HELP

Options
I am not going to deny I love food. (not the healthiest) I live at home so I don't have much control over what comes in the house. My parents try to help the whole family out by not buying a lot of junk food. Every now and then we buy ourselves fast food as a treat. When I asked my mom about dieting, she told me I need to control my portions. That is very difficult to do when my favorite meal is for served or if we go to an all-you-can-eat buffet. Any tips?

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Well... your mom is right. It might be difficult, but, gorging yourself on your favorite meal or at the buffet isn't the way to eat in a healthy way.

You need to calculate your TDEE, BMR and determine what your ideal body weight is. Eat above your BMR, and below your TDEE by 10-15% for a healthy loss.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    No one ever said it would be easy. You are the only one who has control of what goes into your mouth. My advice is to keep your eye on the ultimate goal, eat mindfully, weigh and track, and really make a commitment to yourself that the long term reward is more important than the short term pleasure. Maybe start out with one change - limit something that you know you eat or drink too much of, like soda or sweet treats. Start logging all your food so you know what you're actually taking in. Seeing it in black and white can really teach you about what you're lacking and what you're getting too much of. Knowledge is power - learn from all the successful people on these boards and visit the Success Stories pages often. It really helps me to stay motivated.