Greek yogurt, fat free, fruit flavors but no fruit chunks

Options
seif0068
seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
Does it exist? Recommendations? My favorite yogurt is Yoplait Light Thick and Creamy, but this is becoming more and more difficult to find. My favorite yogurt flavors are raspberry and blackberry. I cannot STAND yogurts with fruit chunks.

It's not always easy to tell from the packaging which has fruit in it so I am hoping that ye good people of MFP can make some recommendations so I can stop buying test one-at-a-time yogurts that I end up not liking!

Replies

• seif0068
    Options
    Well I guess it doesn't exist!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I dont think chobani has fruit chunks, not 100% sure, I have 3 brands in my fridge and I think Walmarts are the only ones with fruit peices
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be fat free? Cause 2% Greek is the bomb.com. Fage doesn't have fruit chunks.

Or you could buy plain and jazz it up. There are endless possibilities.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I dont think chobani has fruit chunks, not 100% sure, I have 3 brands in my fridge and I think Walmarts are the only ones with fruit peices
    Maybe not in some flavors, but I have occasionally come across a glob of blueberry. I'm not really a fan of "crunchy in my mushy" either, but I've come to tolerate the blueberries because there are only a couple in a cup.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Muller brand. Or buy plain and add smuckers.
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    THE best one I have come across so far is Danone Silhouette Stirred Greek Yogurt 0%.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Does it exist? Recommendations? My favorite yogurt is Yoplait Light Thick and Creamy, but this is becoming more and more difficult to find. My favorite yogurt flavors are raspberry and blackberry. I cannot STAND yogurts with fruit chunks.

It's not always easy to tell from the packaging which has fruit in it so I am hoping that ye good people of MFP can make some recommendations so I can stop buying test one-at-a-time yogurts that I end up not liking!

Mix black cherry xylitol in with your Greek yogurt. I'm honestly on the fence regarding xylitol but if you're eating yoplait light then you aren't adverse to artificial sweeteners. (Not trying to start a debate on sweeteners.) I'm thinking of trying this since I am an avid Cherry Thick and Creamy fan myself.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It does exist! I only eat Dannon Light & Fit Greek, Nonfat yogurt. Only 80 calories per serving (it's a standard size little tub/cub) and it comes in vanilla, blueberry, cherry, raspberry, strawberry and pineapple. Never tried pineapple- not a fan of pineapple- but the others are GREAT! They are thick and creamy and have no chunks at all! But you do have to stir them up, as the fruity syrup stuff is at the bottom usually. They are delicious-- and you can't beat only 80 cals!!!!

e5sl80.png
  • seif0068
    Options
    THE best one I have come across so far is Danone Silhouette Stirred Greek Yogurt 0%.

Intriguing...I will have to look into this. I don't remember having seen this one before. The search continues! I have also thought about buying the plain and stirring stuff in. The first couple attempts were less than successful, lol. And while I'm pretty good about packing lunch and preparing healthy treats and that sort of thing, it just would be nice to have it ready to go! I really like the Fat-Free Dannon Vanilla...but still want some fruity ones. Thanks!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Yoplait light 2x protein Greek yogurt - both the lemon and lime are sans fruit. I prefer the chunks of fruit with mine (cherries, strawberries, etc.), but these were the last flavors of this particular style/brand that was on sale at the market.
  • seif0068
    Options
    Aaaaaand of course it is Canadian. I'm in northern Wisconsin...so I'm close!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Oikos and Liberte (I think it's Liberte anyway) sell fat-free Greek yogurt around here. My favourite is the key-lime though, and I haven't found that in fat-free. I've had fat-free honey...that one is really good and tastes so creamy.

Edit: I noticed you said fruit flavours...but the honey one is reeeeeally good! :) I think they have fat-free blueberry around here as well. I've never tried it so I don't know if there are real blueberries in it or not.
  • seif0068
    Options
    It does exist! I only eat Dannon Light & Fit Greek, Nonfat yogurt. Only 80 calories per serving (it's a standard size little tub/cub) and it comes in vanilla, blueberry, cherry, raspberry, strawberry and pineapple. Never tried pineapple- not a fan of pineapple- but the others are GREAT! They are thick and creamy and have no chunks at all! But you do have to stir them up, as the fruity syrup stuff is at the bottom usually. They are delicious-- and you can't beat only 80 cals!!!!

e5sl80.png

Yes!!! I think I have seen this stuff! Thanks...will try this one next! I knew the MFP crowd would come to the rescue!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Oikos has 0% coconut and I love it! The keylime is 2% but pretty awesome.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    lol@dannonproducts...

Why not just by jarred fruit and plain yogurt?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Try the trader joes brand fig. Personally, I just mix in my own jam. :)
  • seif0068
    Options
    lol@dannonproducts...

Why not just by jarred fruit and plain yogurt?

I mentioned in a follow-up comment...mainly, laziness! :) The whole point of yogurt in my diet is a "grab and go" snack so while I'm good about other meal prep, this is one thing I'd like to just be able to buy ready to go. I also tried a few times with less than excellent results.
  • seif0068
    Options
    Try the trader joes brand fig. Personally, I just mix in my own jam. :)

No Trader Joe's here. :( Which is probably a good thing or my grocery budget would likely double!
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    All the healthy stuff is in Canada. ;) Just kiddin'! :)
  • seif0068
    Options
    I saw a meme yesterday that showed a map of MN and surrounding areas, according to people in MN...Canada was labeled "Hockey and Santa Claus." Will have to add "healthy stuff" to the list! :P