Body Pain

Options
What can be done when almost every bone in your body hurts; Tried doing squats but my knees hurt to the point where I have to soak. When doing sit-ups or crunches my lower back is in so much pain that pain pills. Don't work.

Replies

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    do you warm up before exercising?
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    What can be done when almost every bone in your body hurts; Tried doing squats but my knees hurt to the point where I have to soak. When doing sit-ups or crunches my lower back is in so much pain that pain pills. Don't work.

Is this pain caused by overexertion, or is there an underlying medical condition?
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    check your form. maybe tr warming up, stretching, and a cool down. When I skip stretching after a run or a heavy workout my muscle are tight and achy the following day.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    So you are asking what exercises there are other than squats, and sit-ups?

There are so many that I don't even know where to start.

For cardio there is riding a bike or swimming or rowing... all low impact, even walking.

Do you know what is wrong with your knees? Have you got a diagnosed issue? This information could help? Or you could see a physio?
  • meFreshwater
    meFreshwater Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How about water exercise? That would reduce the wear and tear quite a bit. Also, is this pain usual for you, or is it just starting with a new exercise routine? Maybe you're pushing too hard. A doctor or trainer may be able to advise you on form and how hard you should be working if this is a new thing for you.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That sounds like the first couple of days doing JM 30DS
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Arthritis? Also, possibly too much weight? (not likely on the crunches)... May want to get an assessment by a physician. Another possibility is if you are exercising with too low a calorie intake.. I used to hurt a lot when I was extremely calorie restricted (many years ago... in my 20s)... I now do things I could not do then and don't hurt hardly at all.
  • LadyAppeal690
    Options
    I do warm up by doing a bit of cardio. I run in place to get my heart rate pumping but sometimes it feels as though I'm gona black out. Which is weird cos I always have a full meal and take my vitamins. I do leg stretches as well as back stretches. I hope it's not arthritis cos I walk about 10 blocks daily.
    Thanks for all the advice, I will follow up on all.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Going to a doctor can be done
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    REST.. Its just as important as the workouts. When you work out with resistance training you are actually in the catabolic stage .(breaking down your muscles). It is during the REST stage that your body is in the anabolic, or building up stage.. And thus it needs a break. I would suggest building into your normal fitness plan' every 4-8 weeks a DELOAD week or two.
    Also, every 4-8 weeks change up your lifting from heavy weight/low reps to low weight heavy reps an then mid weight, mid reps. Go to bodybuilding.com for info on this stuff.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Going to a doctor can be done

QFT

If you are in that much pain then no one here can diagnose you, I'm afraid. Get yourself checked out by a doctor then take it from there.

If you get the all clear then start off with walking to get your fitness up. I weight train and run but every weekend I still make sure I have time for a walk :smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor. There are thousands of reasons for body pain that can be treated, but not by MFP members. Before you go keep a log for a few days. Write down where the pain is and what it feels like (stabbing? burning? throbbing? etc). Rate it on a scale of 1 to 10 (sounds like it's up there if pain meds aren't working). Take the log when you go to the doctor.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like normal pain after exercising. Go to your doctor.

And as another person said, make sure you are having adequate rest days.