Replies

• TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Sbarro, Villa Pizza, Old Chicago
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    mmmm sbarro. forgot about that from childhood yum.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Native New Yorker
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

can we count that flavorless cardboard as actual pizza?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Every bar on Bourbon St.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

yes dav, but if you know better please enlighten us. maybe i just like the memories...first flirt, holding hands etc.
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Where are you from? I'm from NY, and even when I'm not in NYC, I find plenty of pizza places that sell by the slice...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    opposite end. california. lol. where pizza delivery is film business. lol.
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    man i have pizza by the slice everywhere i look in NY.... i forget that in others states yall dont have that luxury.... California Pizza kitchen? lol i heard of that place from someone i know that goes to california alot. maybe in there? LOL
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    man i have pizza by the slice everywhere i look in NY.... i forget that in others states yall dont have that luxury.... California Pizza kitchen? lol i heard of that place from someone i know that goes to california alot. maybe in there? LOL

lol you heard of it from my food diary today. haha
  • IWantToo
    IWantToo Posts: 162
    Options
    California pizza kitchen does not sell by the slice and I went last week and for 2 people it was $70 bucks and very mediocre...

I'm always shocked when places sell pizza by the slice too lol.. I only know of two places one in Ventura that is apparently famous and celebs go to and one in Oxnard lol... im Sure you live farther south though lol

sbarro is expensive and taste like frozen pizza to me... i dont want to pay $5 for an uncooked frozen tasting slice of pizza.. I too have fond memories of sbarro as a teenager lol its disgusting and pricey now lol
  • erickita89
    Options

lol you heard of it from my food diary today. haha

HAHAHA thats funny! I forgot i did see that in there lol

but thats not where i herd of it from LOL i have a cowerker who has alot of family out in Cali and is always going back and forth and showing me his Californian Cuisine photos (cuz we are both fatasses) He raved about the pizza in there and sed its really good for not being NY pizza lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

I can't figure it out...Sbarro looks like it should taste soooo good, but is always disappointing.
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hell, some of the best pizza around my neck of the woods is at the gas station. Even when I lived in KC the gas station pizza closest to where I works was better than any of the chains.

Not that that says much...
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    In my experience, pizza seems to be sold by the slice (in California anyway) only at malls and in college towns.
  • erickita89
    Options

I can't figure it out...Sbarro looks like it should taste soooo good, but is always disappointing.

i actually like sbarros the few times i've had it. but maybe the NYC sbarros > other states sbarros....

I remember i had papa johns from FL once and it was sooooooooo gross. it just tasted like all kinds of wrong. i think its the water thats out there. NYC papa johns is fine.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Augh, I was just heading off to bed, not hungry, all content, blah blah now all I can think is PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA. I'm still not hungry, and in fact just finished a smoothie and am almost uncomfortably stuffed, but PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZA

I know what I'm having tomorrow.

(eggs).
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I'm from Jersey, pizza is like a religion. You can throw a rock and find someplace that sells it handmade and by the slice! Come visit!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Pizza Pizza does, no?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

i actually like sbarros the few times i've had it. but maybe the NYC sbarros > other states sbarros....

I remember i had papa johns from FL once and it was sooooooooo gross. it just tasted like all kinds of wrong. i think its the water thats out there. NYC papa johns is fine.

If you are in NYC and eating at Sbarro, you need to sit down and examine your life choices