Whats your favorite cheatmeal?

Options
13»

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    So we are arguing over terminology??? Call it what you want but eating a pint of ice cream or whatever your indulgence is a "cheat" or a break from the norm of a restrictive diet. For those who diet by just eating less of bad food regularly then its not a big deal. For others who eat clean regularly and really focus on only fueling their bodies with healthy whole foods.... sushi (with rice), pizza, ice cream, etc. is a great deviation from the normal diet. It's not like carb loading on a legs day... that can be done and you can still eat clean. It is cheating, plain and simple. And it tastes soooooooooooo good!!!
    I don't think it's terminology. It's more of a philosophy. You're eating with a "norm of a restrictive diet". I'm eating pretty much for the way I plan to eat for the rest of my life. Sushi and ice cream are part of what I normally eat... as is mac&cheese and lasagna. Pizza isn't, but that's because I don't like pizza much.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    There's a pub around the corner from me that makes THE BEST chicken strips on the planet. And their fries are to die for too. So once in a while I will splurge and order it, with a guiness of course. I don't really consider it a cheatmeal though - I think of it as something I don't eat all the time, just once in a while - and definitely NOT the whole thing ;-)
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but if you say... a favorite treat snack etc..
    Well mine is pretty healthy anyway...

I'm crazy with peanut butter toast !!! Yea it's weird but before bed... I need my PB toast.

I think it's the best way....Find something you like a lot and see it like a major treat (even if it's not lol).... Your mind will still process it like one.

Lol, this was my weakness for awhile! I wanted it so bad all the time that I started to think of it as a treat... toast smeared with peanut butter and topped off with banana slices and cinnamon! YUM!
  • JSClausen
    Options
    For whatever reason, a few weeks ago I began craving poptarts! Hadn't had a poptart in 15 years, and all of a sudden I NEEDED one! So I make one (ok, sometimes 2) with a hot cup of black tea with milk and sugar. So bad, yet oh so good!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Sushi-especially a specialty roll called the Red Devil Roll.

l.jpg
  • JSClausen
    Options
    I agree...especially if I have the calories left over at the end of the day. It's not cheating if I stay within the caloric limits, it's good planning!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    Options
    Pshh Not me. I know I have to eat 10 plates of my sushi, over my maintenance, to gain 1 pound. The best I have ever done was 6 plates.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    A fat juicy, mouthwatering warm philly cheesesteak with grilled onions and peppers.
    Tomorrow :) ALL MINE :p
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
    Why should I cheat myself?

Having a cheat meal has shown that it helps your body to burn fat quicker during the week, and it helps you from plateu on the gym. If you dont know what that is i suggest u to google it. Plus it keeps your sanity good for the week a cheat meal is good for you, but u dont have to have one if u dont want to

is there a study on this or something?

A "cheat" meal for me is whole wheat linguine with some red sauce..or a cheeseburger....but I guess that is not really cheating....
  • mustgetmuscles1
    Options
    Nothing.

Having a cheat meal has shown that it helps your body to burn fat quicker during the week, and it helps you from plateu on the gym. If you dont know what that is i suggest u to google it. Plus it keeps your sanity good for the week a cheat meal is good for you, but u dont have to have one if u dont want to

A "cheat" meal for me is whole wheat linguine with some red sauce..or a cheeseburger....but I guess that is not really cheating....

I dont know of any studies but there is a ton of information on "refeeds" and "leptin" and how they can help maintain healthy metabolism on prolonged deficits.

Some people cant handle cheat days if they are struggling with binging or other food relation issues. For the average person an occasional indulgence is fine.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Pizza with meatballs on it. I do it every weekend anyway, just adjust around it.

I do wish I could have alfredo though, any kind, in addition to everything else.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't know if cheat "meal" is the right terminology, but by far my biggest culprit is tortilla chips and salsa...
  • _namaste_
    _namaste_ Posts: 246
    Options
    I don't consider it cheating because I build the occasional indulgence into my calories and macros. Regardless, the things I like to eat on those days are:

Sushi
    Philly Cheese Steak (I have been dreaming of the one from Mellow Mushroom for months, will be having one when I am near a Mellow in a few months LOL!!!)
    Tacos
    Brownie
    Pizza
    Panzerotto

Yummmmm.......
  • wtasha24
    wtasha24 Posts: 1
    Options
    Chinese buffet. I love love love love Chinese food! :)
  • TarshCooper001
    TarshCooper001 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    where do I start!
    Alcohol!! Beer- low carb of course or vodka and diet coke
    Dip platter- broccoli, carrots and celery with a low fat dip
    Pizza- gluten free base with prawns, tomato and minimal cheese
    Chocolate- Low carb swisse choc fit balls

Basically- most of my weekends are 'cheat days' but I work out in the mornings to try and keep them low and choose healthier cheat versions instead of going the whole hog.

And for all those preaching the whole 'evilness' of cheat days- I continue to successfully lose weight and inches almost every week so it works for me.
    I know I could get to my goal a hell of alot quicker if it werent for my cheat days but hey- Im loving life and the weight loss process this way!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    alcohol

:drinker:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

I dont know of any studies but there is a ton of information on "refeeds" and "leptin" and how they can help maintain healthy metabolism on prolonged deficits.

Some people cant handle cheat days if they are struggling with binging or other food relation issues. For the average person an occasional indulgence is fine.

I think maybe the OP is confusing refeeds with cheat days perhaps? My understanding of refeed day was you eat up to, or over, maintenance, but you still tried to eat relatively clean foods...or is that not correct?
  • mustgetmuscles1
    Options
    Nothing.

I think maybe the OP is confusing refeeds with cheat days perhaps? My understanding of refeed day was you eat up to, or over, maintenance, but you still tried to eat relatively clean foods...or is that not correct?

Refeeds are a scheduled intake of an increased amount of carbs. How "clean" they are I dont think is important for the effect of the refeed. Scheduled "cheat" days have been used in a lot of programs and were basically accomplishing the same thing just without any controls. They also have a mental health aspect where you can take a break every once in a while. : )

Here is a thread where there are some links on refeeds.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820526-thoughts-information-on-refeeds?hl=refeeds#posts-13249702