1/2 C Quick Oats
    1/2 C 2% Fat Cottage Cheese
    1 scoop protein powder - I use Protizyme Protein Powder
    1/2tsp Cinnamon
    1/2tsp vanilla extract
    1 small ripe banana
    1/2 c egg whites

41g Protein, 404cal, 4g fat

For syrup you can use a sugar free syrup or even a sugar free jelly! It's delicious :)

You can eat the entire batch! But, good luck - it's a lot lol. I tend to eat this 30 minutes before a workout and then following my workout within 30 minutes afterwards.
  • projectnotfat
    Options
    aaaaannnnnndddd I'm drooling lol
  • grits317
    grits317 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love love love Ezekiel English Muffins (8g protein per muffin) with either whipped peanut butter or a boca chicken patty. :)
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Add protein powder and use milk instead of water. I strongly suggest Unjury protein powder.. it's ridiculously good.

Eat egg whites or try Morning Star Veggie Sausage maple flavor. It's crazy good too! The little sausage patty has 80 cals and 10g of protein and it's tasty :)
  • red121968
    Options
    As far as sodium in cottage cheese, Breakstone has come out with a lower sodium version but that's the only brand I've seen do that.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    How do you get protein into your breakfasts? I've been eating a lot of cold oatmeal lately and it's delicious but I need more protein to stay full! What do you eat for breakfast that is packed with protein? I love eggs but just recently found out I have an intolerance to them :(

I have my oatmeal with yoghurt and a scoop of whey protein. The chocolate is my favourite. :-)
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love these spinach, mushroom, and egg muffin cups that I make.. They are easy, the recipe makes several and they warm up nicely! I also like some banana, oat muffins with natural peanut butter spread on them, and some milk!
  • rubixcyoob
    rubixcyoob Posts: 395
    Options
    I add whey protein to my oatmeal before cooking it in the microwave with water. I then top with nuts/fruit/greek yogurt etc.
  • thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options
    Can you consume dairy? My go to is eggs but other than that I go with greek yogurt. It's a bit more expensive than normal yogurt but has about twice the protein.

You could mix protein powder into your oatmeal to up the protein amount. I do that now and again. I love making a protein packed granola that you could eat with yogurt for a pretty good breakfast. Mix up oatmeal, protein powder, a few nuts/seeds and some honey and a sweetener you like.. bake until crispy (tons of recipes online!).
  • mljacobs23
    mljacobs23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I put greek yogart in my refrigerator oatmeal and sometimes either add protein powder or a tablespoon of peanutbutter or almond butter. Proportion wise I use 1/4 oats, 1/4 yogart and 1/3 cup almond milk and then add whatever else. The yogart really kicks the flavor up as well IMO so it's a win/win. I prefer the tast of Almond Milk, but if you switch to skim that will also increase the protein content of you're oatmeal.
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Protein shake packed with fruit every morning! I cant down a big breakfast so since I started drinking these every morning I have energy and get the protein I need. I dont eat much meat.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    You could try steak
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with banana and almond milk? That's what I have for dinner after my workouts in the evening but you could easily make that for a delicious breakfast.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Protein shake made w/ unsweetened almond milk (low cal and high calcium) and frozen berries. Sometimes I put yogurt in it since I am not a big fan of yogurt alone. It's great to drink on the way to work!
  • TKsunshine1
    TKsunshine1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a protien drink in the mornings.
    SamsClub sells "Naturade" Total Soy Meal Replacement Vanilla.
    2 scoops & water little ice along with 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries..Really Good!
  • henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    pasted from a post i made a day or two ago. takes <5 min to prepare and 5 min to make:

granted, i havent tried many- but after reading the reviews on the recipe below, i had to try it. This recipe gets its protein from the egg whites and cottage cheese- no protein powder is needed. For those of you who dislike cottage cheese (like i do!)- NEVER FEAR- i swear you don't taste it! My husband and i made this over the weekend for the first time, doubled the recipe and added 2 TBSP of PB2 for extra flavor (who knows if it made a difference or not). but we both agree- delicious (reminded me a french toast) and FILLING! we put a little sugar free syrup on it, and then declared we will make this every weekend :)

1 Serving is 3medium sized pancakes
    the calorie count below is for the ingredients i used (to include the extra 22 cals and respective macros for each serving of the PB2)
    Calories - 340, Total Fat - 7g, Carb. - 37g, Protein - 32g, Fiber - 6g

1/2 cup Oats (we used 1-min oats, but im sure most will work)
    1/2 cup cottage cheese (we used 2% because thats what we had)
    1/2 cup egg beaters or egg whites (we used egg whites- 1/2c= 4 egg whites)
    1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    dash of salt
    water ( optional ) (we didnt use any)

1. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and process until smooth and combined. About 30 seconds to 1 minutes. If batter seems too thick to you, add a bit of water to loosen.

2. Heat med nonstick skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray on med-high heat. Add batter the way you would for any normal pancake and spread evenly. When bubbles form on top and the edges start to get dry, flip and cook other side. Repeat with the rest of batter.

enjoy. and thank me later. seriously- SO GOOD!
  • msdazy00
    msdazy00 Posts: 1
    Options
    What brand of Protein Powder, I'm just starting out?
  • Rabunm
    Rabunm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use pro blend 65 protien powerder from GNC. Added with 2 scoops of dry powder milk, 2 scoops of fat free carnation choc instant breakfast, 1 sweet n low pack, 1 bananna. ice and cold water. Makes a large Biggy cup full that I sip on all morning until early afternoon. This is the 65 grams of protien you should have daily. I love it.
  • TKsunshine1
    TKsunshine1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eating more Fiber, helps keep you full.:happy:

:happy:
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump- sounds good
    dumd question--- what does pb2 mean?