Bigger Chest? WTH?

Options
So far ive technically lost 8pounds, gained back 2 with the start of insanity but I have noticed my chest has gotten bigger, wth? I am a very chesty lady to begin with so this is a little disconcerting. Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    ... I have noticed my chest has gotten bigger, wth? I am a very chesty lady to begin with so this is a little disconcerting. Anyone else have this problem?
    Nope. Wish I did!
    That is the first place I lose. I can afford to lose it everywhere, except there!
  • LAURAWAGNER1
    LAURAWAGNER1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My chest is the first that left. I could only wish I could get bigger.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    How much bigger? If you're talking an inch or less it could be swelling/bloating from water retention. Is your chest sore? I know it sounds weird but with all the pushups in insanity your chest muscles may be getting more of a workout than usual. I know that's what happened to my legs the first few weeks from all of the squats. It gradually went away after a few weeks.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    How much bigger? If you're talking an inch or less it could be swelling/bloating from water retention. Is your chest sore? I know it sounds weird but with all the pushups in insanity your chest muscles may be getting more of a workout than usual. I know that's what happened to my legs the first few weeks from all of the squats. It gradually went away after a few weeks.

Most likely this. If you've been using your chest muscles they're probably retaining water.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Dang, I definitely won't be doing Insanity. I don't need the 42DD going to a tripple.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    If its a small change I would chalk it up to normal changes or discrepancies in measuring. I'm on month two of insanity and I definitely haven't gained any in my chest or felt like I've worked the muscles there.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My cup size has gone up a little more than my band size has gone down, if that makes sense? I was a 34F and occasionally a 36E, now I'm a 32FF/G or 34F/FF.
  • bradley8161984
    Options
    It's your body just retaining water. Usually goes away within a couple weeks.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    It's your body just retaining water. Usually goes away within a couple weeks.

Not necessarily. Last time I lost weight and gained cup sizes they stayed that size for five years (until now, when I'm again losing weight and gaining cup sizes).
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I imagine initially you are gaining muscle and as you lose more body fat this will totally balance out.