Ladies!!! Before or After???

Options
StrongAndHealthyMommy
StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
hi everyone!!!

my husband and I are talking about a baby.... I kinda want to have the shape I want before the pregnancy for different reasons.... I want my body to get use to workout and have a healthy diet..... and also I don't want to have baby fat on top of my old fat.... does it make sense or it would be a waste of time and energy???

height: 5'7"
CW: 144
GW: 135

Replies

• m3lissa36
    Options
    Hello, To be honest...it is up to you...With my pregnancies, I lost weight. With My last one I lost 30+ lbs...but a couple of months late I gained double. So like I said..it is really up to you. Babies are blessing but like with everything they are alot of work..lol:tongue:
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    Options
    My friend heather has 5 children. Her two year old is the youngest.. she still competes at a high level in npc figure comps.. its all in your determination and drive and how you wanna look.. when she delivered her last child her arms back shoulders and legs where still lean
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids and for me it was a mater of wanting to have kids while I was young enough to lose the weight. I just didn't factor on being 38 when #5 came and that I'd have 5 kids after #1 was born. I'm now losing all the weight I've carried over from my first, but that's just my disposition. Everyone is different, but if you wait until your your ideal weight or wealthy you'll never have kids. :wink:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'd say do it before, as your body will never be the same again.

Even though I'm fitter and in better shape than I have ever been in my life, my boobs and tummy skin are not what they used to be!
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm really struggling right now to lose the weight from my last son. I think that right now I'm fighting many factors...my older boys are 12 and 10...my baby is 10 months. Being an older mom makes it difficult to lose the weight, plus I'm going through forced menopause right now, which isn't fun either. However, it doesn't matter what obstacles are making it difficult for me, I'm gonna do it and get back into my bikini and turn heads again :wink:
  • MrsSamiP
    MrsSamiP Posts: 11
    Options
    You don't have to gain baby fat, if you eat healthy throughout your pregnancy and exercise (yes you can still exercise ask you doctor for more info) you may gain a little weight but if you breast feed after it helps in losing most if not all of any weight you may have put on. I have lots of friends who have done it successfully. Just don't use being pregnant as an excuse to overeat. A baby doesn't add extra calories to your intake until 2nd trimester and then only 300 and an extra 500 in the 3rd trimester (taken from "What To Expect When You're Expecting") And just because you want to lose weight before you get pregnant doesn't mean you can't start trying. It doesn't always happen right away, some couples can try for more then a year before being successful. I say keep up the weight loss but start trying now, for all you know you may lose those 9lbs and get pregnant at the same time!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    You don't have to gain baby fat, if you eat healthy throughout your pregnancy and exercise (yes you can still exercise ask you doctor for more info) you may gain a little weight but if you breast feed after it helps in losing most if not all of any weight you may have put on. I have lots of friends who have done it successfully. Just don't use being pregnant as an excuse to overeat. A baby doesn't add extra calories to your intake until 2nd trimester and then only 300 and an extra 500 in the 3rd trimester (taken from "What To Expect When You're Expecting") And just because you want to lose weight before you get pregnant doesn't mean you can't start trying. It doesn't always happen right away, some couples can try for more then a year before being successful. I say keep up the weight loss but start trying now, for all you know you may lose those 9lbs and get pregnant at the same time!
    I second this. I gained only 6 pounds with my son and after delivery lost all of it plus 22 more. My son was 8 pounds 2 ounces of that.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'd say do it before, as your body will never be the same again.

Even though I'm fitter and in better shape than I have ever been in my life, my boobs and tummy skin are not what they used to be!

I agree as well. I have had 5 children, though I feel after the first one my body changed so much. The older I was having children, the harder it was getting back into shape.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    I second this. I gained only 6 pounds with my son and after delivery lost all of it plus 22 more. My son was 8 pounds 2 ounces of that.

Wow that's great!!! we ar going to start trying after out last summer vacation (the last vacation is going to be around July I think) and that is because that's what my husband wants.... he want us to celebrate our anniversary without pregnancy where we got married (we had a destination wedding) plus right now we have 3 vacations booked..... (I told him.... I can go on vacation a be pregnant, but he doesnt want me to be in the boat and jumping all over pregnant)

you guys comments make me feel wayyy less nervous... thank you!!!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    Thank you for all your information ladies!!!....

I know some people whose bodies are destroyed after pregnancy.... but I dont really know how much they took care of their body while pregnant... that's why I'm looking for advices soo much and reading all over the place.... thank you!!!!
  • MrsSamiP
    MrsSamiP Posts: 11
    Options
    The "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book is really good. It has an entire section on nutrition while you are pregnant as well as expected weight gain throughout your pregnancy and exercises for the different trimesters that are do-able and recommended. That and pretty much every answer to any question you could possibly have about pregnancy (including an entire chapter just for your husband)
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I only gained 12lbs with my daughter of which 6lbs were her.

I walked throughout the pregnancy and ate right. I didn't have any cravings, at all, so I guess that helped and I really didn't pig out on all the foods.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options

^^^this. I had my first child when I was in my twenties, then I had several miscarriages and didn't deliver my second child until almost ten years later and two years after that my third. It was a lot easier when I was younger than ten years later :). As far as weight and exercise is concerned, as long as you are in a fitness routine before you get pregnant, you should have no problems continuing it.
    But no matter what all of us think, it has to be right for you and your husband . :smile:
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    The "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book is really good. It has an entire section on nutrition while you are pregnant as well as expected weight gain throughout your pregnancy and exercises for the different trimesters that are do-able and recommended. That and pretty much every answer to any question you could possibly have about pregnancy (including an entire chapter just for your husband)

I will totally buy this book!!! Today if possible Thank you!!!