when you want a snack... or to eat ...

Options
2»

Replies

• Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    People always say, oh just eat then! Well, we know where that gets us..

thank you :) I'm still definitely working on it, it's clearly not so easy!
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I drink a 16 oz. glass of water. If I am still hungry, I have a piece of fruit, or some cut up veggies with hummus or something like that.

I have some 90 calorie snack bars too... chocolate caramel and peanut butter if I am really craving something sweet.

Or a square of dark chocolate, that usually does the trick, and at 60 calories I feel no guilt.
  • veggie50
    veggie50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat .Something low calorie and filling like fruit.

I didn't know there was a 'not supposed to' rule. :ohwell:

Well there isn't any rule. I'm just home all day, and just can't eat all day.
    Find something to do.

yeah, uh, that was actually my question, what do other people do?

and sorry if that sounds outright snarky - I'm looking for help, and looking to understand why I eat as a habit/event/when I'm not doing things. Trying to just go do things clearly hasn't worked for me. I'm also recovering from a very tough bit of time, and have a *lot* of free time. So when I don't have energy to resist temptations, and just "find something to do" doesn't work, I need *something* to grab on to. I hope you can understand why I am fishing for people's actual suggestions.
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'll drink water. If I'm still hungry, I'll munch on fruits and veggies, yogurt, or a hard boiled egg. If I have enough room in calories, I'll eat some nuts.

Don't deprive yourself, it's the worst thing you can do, so listen to your body before you fuel it. It knows what it wants.