Goodbye baby weight!!

Options
Hello all I'm new to this site and have been using it for a week and so far in love it! Just had a baby about less than a month ago and I am ready to lose this weight!! Any tips on what's been working for you and what to stay away from ? Open and would love to know about your success !! :)

Replies

• finkcelia
    Options
    Watching! I need tips of this same variety as well!
    (But it's been longer since I had my son...!)
  • Dobie76
    Dobie76 Posts: 17
    Options
    I've been trying to shed my baby weight for over 6 years and once I actually got serious with it I started seeing some success :-) I like volume and feeling like I actually ate something so I incorporate fruit or vegetables or both into every meal. Apples and unsweetened applesasuce have been the best thing ever because I'll have apples with breakfast and applesauce as a dessert with lunch. I eat a lot of homemade soups aroudn the fall and winter time and they're usually some sort of bean or vegetable soup, split pea, lentil, broccoli, or something like that. With dinner I usually sautee a cup to a cup and a half of green vegetables, green beans, spinach, or broccoli usually, with a teaspoon of olive oil.

Yogurts, especially greek ones, are awesome. The protein really helps keep you full. Plain with some fruit you add yourself is good, but if I must have the sweetness, I go for the regular ones, not the ones with the aspartame or splenda. I'm trying to stay away from artifical sugars now and I don;t like the aftertaste of the aspartame.

Exercise, exercise, exercise. Even a walk around the block is better than nothing.

I'm sure people will have lots of other suggestions for you, but this is what I feel worked for me, plus some other stuff. :-)
  • shortie4ever
    shortie4ever Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Being prepared!
    As you know it's so hard with a little 1 & if you haven't prepared food then you will be more likely to grab for the 'easy' naughty things (well I do).
    I (when I'm on track & being good) pre-track/organise what I'm having for the following day so I know how many calories I'm consuming for the day & I now not to go over.

Good luck & welcome :flowerforyou:
  • EmmaLouiseClayCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.

I have a near 3 year old (3 in May) and am now on maintenance, at the same time I'm lifting and doing minimal cardio to get the body definition I want. I've lost 43lbs using mfp.

I agree with the pre logging, I like to eat (2122 on gym and lifting days, 1922 on rest days) so I like to know what I'll be having that day. Also take a look at this;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

As I said, feel free to add me, take a look in my food diary at the types of food I eat etc.