My Boss is the DEVIL

Options
Nearly half the employee's at my store are dieting (we have over200 employees) and we're having a biggest loser challenge.. 1 buck a week for 8 weeks and the winner gets half the money, the other half goes towards a healthier vending machine. =) Finally!

WELL.. My boss thinks she's funny or something.. Every day for the past week, she's boguht donuts, pizza, bagels etc.I've been good.. Really really good!

I did flirt with the vending machine guy tho'.. I didn't think it would actually work, but it did and he put my favorite combo's in there DAMNIT Jalapeno Combo's are heaven.. Oh well.... moderation is key!

Replies

• KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Haha. That sounds awesome!

I think its an amazing idea that benefits everyone.

Exceptin the doughnuts thats just cruel, but you do have to see the funny side!

Wish my job was like that =/
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    It is not funny at all that your boss is intentionally sabatoging your office efforts to be healthy by tempting you with pizza and doughnuts. I am wondering about her stability. I think she/he is quite insecure myself. My boss would totally support our efforts and may even put out a fruit basket and join us in the contest! I encourage you to stay strong. I am proud of you for walking away from these unhealthy foods. Reward yourself with some yummy strawberries and a pat on the back for putting your health first. Good job!:flowerforyou:

Want to join me on a Skinny Saturday Challenge? Go here to check it out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/92906-skinny-saturday-challenge-8
  • aesoprok
    aesoprok Posts: 70
    Options
    What a great idea! I work in an E.R and it seems every day there is pizza, doughnuts, cookies, chips, bagels etc... so tempting when you're on a 12 hour shift with little time for a decent meal and tons of stress. I've been stashing my purse with healthy snacks, but it would be great if we could come together over trays of fruits and veggies instead...
    I'm going to copy you and see if i can't start a little food revolution in the work place :tongue:

Don't give up! What you're doing is participating in a huge support network that has probably helped lots of people already - i commend your efforts!:drinker:
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    There are 2 possibilities:
    1) your boss is mentally unstable: does your boss have weight issues, and see sabotaging others' weight loss efforts as a way of exerting control over other peoples' weight since s/he can't control his/her own weight?
    2) your boss is not aware of the signal: is your boss just trying to be thoughtful, not realizing s/he is being unthoughtful in the process.

I would suggest either laugh at the situation, or pull the boss aside and find out which of the above is the case. If it is not case #2, I would speak to the HR department about it. First off, it is creating a hostile work environment and secondly, it is in the companies best interest (financially) for its employees to be healthy and your boss could be viewed as subverting the companies best interest.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Maybe consider that some people are nutritionally "challenged" so to speak and think a giant carbo-load bagel IS a healthy option for breakfast ... :( But pizza and doughnuts, yeah, definitely not.

We're having something of the like at our office. I'm all for people losing weight but I've gotten tired of people sniping at one another about food choices. I had someone criticize me behind my back for eating avocado on my salad. WTF is that all about? We've also had the comedians who think it's funny to bring in doughnuts and cake. Ugh.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Judging the boss without knowing her situation isn't fair.

Is she in the contest?
    Does she need to lose weight herself?

If she's not in the contest, and you think she's being funny because she might be (obviously) trying to tempt people. Maybe she's doing her little tests and see who the strong and who are the weak people.

Does she not have a say in getting that new healthy vending machine? If she does, then she is into the healthy trend..