I messed up yesterday

Options
I am trying to make sure I eat my calories. Yesterday I don't know what the heck I did. I ended up with so many cals after dinner and a snack that I had to eat ice cream to fill my cals because there wasn't really anything else in the house. Ugghhhhh!

Replies

• Reeceybaby1988
    Options
    get a grip women...
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am trying to make sure I eat my calories. Yesterday I don't know what the heck I did. I ended up with so many cals after dinner and a snack that I had to eat ice cream to fill my cals because there wasn't really anything else in the house. Ugghhhhh!

Don't be too hard on yourself, as long as you leave it at one day its not going to damage your progress long term. Everyone has blip days.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

so whats the problem?
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    You went over your calorie goal?

Nice knowing ya...

j/k
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

Fitting in ice-cream sounds great :)

Just plan your day better - use your food diary as a planner, not just a tracker, so yuo can meet your goal by the end of the day and not be too far over/under.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    A little bit of Haagen Daz never hurt anyone. You didn't go over your calorie goals either. So r e l a x . . .
  • devizecklindavis
    devizecklindavis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I mess. It seems that I start out on track and by the time I do my exercising and eating for the day I find I have more calories. It is like I just put things in my mouth and I dont know I did it till I put it in my record. I hate it. I wish this bad habit would disappear.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Well it happens to everyone from time to time. Don't stress about it & just put it behind you and make today a better day!
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You ate Ice Cream to complete your calories?? Ok now go shoot yourself, I don't want to see you again!! :bigsmile:

Jk :laugh:

Now go shopping....
  • Murnique
    Murnique Posts: 9
    Options
    I go over my calorie goal easily like 3 times a week and I haven't gained anything. it's ok to mess up every now and then.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

so whats the problem?

:huh: :noway: ....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I mean this in the nicest way.......yes, get a grip woman!
    you had 1/2 a cup of ice cream! :ohwell: a serving. you're golden, really :wink:
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Your day looks great to me. Don't beat yourself up. If you don't want to eat ice cream, don't keep it in the house, but I eat it several days a week and fit it in my calories/macros.

Not a diet, but a lifestyle change. Shouldn't be hard or no fun.
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options
    Your day looks great to me. Don't beat yourself up. If you don't want to eat ice cream, don't keep it in the house, but I eat it several days a week and fit it in my calories/macros.

Not a diet, but a lifestyle change. Shouldn't be hard or no fun.

^^ Not realizing this is what caused me to gain my weight back after losing 40 pounds. Lifestyle, not diet. I will be a mfp'er for life LOL!
  • JOYOUS62
    JOYOUS62 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That was yesterday, today is another day, forget it, get back on track and move on!
  • Stephiestephs
    Stephiestephs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. For those who think I am nuts for getting upset, I have been trying to lose weight for about two months now with nothing budging, this weekend my pants finally comfortably. So I guess I don't want to mess up any progress I made. Also we were away this weekend so I didn't eat superbly. I guess I am scared this weekend will catch up with me
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    ahh...white knuckling :sick: that explains alot :wink: you be a'ight
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    DON"T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday is gone and forgotten about, Today is a new day!!!!!! Think of each day as a page in a book, turn yesterday's page and start on today's page....
    Good luck