How many times do I have to do it?

Options
I've recently removed at least half of my friends for either starving themselves (their daily net was constantly under 700 calories and they did no exercise) or for not being supportive. I would really like to know why people see starving themselves as a good thing to do and some people even encourage it.

How many friends have you removed because of this?

I know that we all have days where we don't eat much but these old "friends" did it on a daily basis and a few of them only ate rubbish as well.

I've even put statuses up about the damage that starving yourself can do and how they will be removed as it's not what I want to be looking at when I'm trying to do it properly.

I always try to help and encourage them but after so long of them giving pathetic excuses I had to remove them.

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Getting rid of anybody who negativity effects your progress is the best thing to do.
  • slavetothehoof
    slavetothehoof Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's just a shame that they felt the need to starve themselves.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Surround yourself with people who make you happy. But you can't change people, particularly people on the internet.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me! Averaging around 1600 cals a day.... I know what you mean, it is difficult when people are eating at low cal to know what to say...
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options
    I haven't defriended anyone but I did make my diary private because of this. I can't survive netting 200 calories like some people. My weight loss stalls, apparently. I just did a post about it a couple days ago. I upped my calories to 1900 from 1400 on Sunday and then I just dropped 3 pounds as of last night!
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of people with eating disorders on this site. There are also people who don't understand food and don't know how to cook. I haven't unfriended anyone. I do have a few people who have closed diaries and I wonder why, but I don't comment on their progress much because I have no idea what they are doing.
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My goal was always to be healthy and cut the crap. I believe life is too short to starve yourself. I like eating, I just try to make better choices!