Your favourite diet plans

Options
So I've got the exercise under control. I go to bootcamp 3-4 times a week (depending on work scheduling) and swim 1-2 times a week. I am currently exercising 5 times a week, and plan to up this to 6 times a week gradually.

Now I'm looking to tackle my diet. Just to get started, I'd really like to follow a book with a meal plan of sorts. It'd be good to get a real sense of how much fat/protein/carbs I should be eating. Some thing I read a lot of on hear is to eat your exercise carbs.

However, I have logged in all my food for today (not my exercise) and I am ever so slightly under my limit. But if I ate any more food than I did, I'd have been stuffing myself. I am about to go to sleep feeling perfectly satisfied - not bloated and not hungry. Nor have I felt this way at any point throughout the day. So in that sense I'd love to have a plan to follow whilst I work through this.

What has worked you you? My ideal plan would be easy, varied, and tasty. (Yeah I know, I don't ask for much!)

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't need to worry about your macros if you stay in budget and are satisfied with your meals. Unless you have some specific needs that you want to track a macro for there's really no need. There's no magic combo that will make you lose weight faster.
  • thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options
    I don't follow any specific diet. I eat what I want as long as it fits into my calories and macros.

Will you follow this meal plan that you are looking for for the rest of your life? If not, don't start now as that can just make you gain the weight back later on when you stop.

Eat fresh, clean foods.... fruits and veggies and lean meats. Reduce processed foods as much as possible.
  • Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use If It Fits Your Macros as a guideline. Eat what you want, so long as you stay within your macros. It really emphasizes protein as a source. I used to always feel like I needed more food before I started. Now, I'm satisfied.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love being on the Zone plan (Dr. Barry Sears). You can pick up anyone of his books or check out the website. I have been doing it for almost 2 years and it's really easy once you get the hang of the macro balance.