How long does it take to lose 40 lbs?

Options
2»

Replies

• Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    11 weeks for me. Although that was with the max allowable calorie restriction, weighing everything raw (even lettuce), 3-4 times week strength training, daily heavy cardio, eating back only 1/3 - 1/2 of cardio cals burned and only if hungry, and cutting out booze 100%. Works out to around 3.6 lbs/week average so far.
  • Msperry804
    Options
    He means fasting for 19 hrs a day and leaving a 5hr window open to consume his daily calorie intake..I am experiencing with this as well and it has helped me a great deal with not going over my calorie intake...
  • msqueenofpain
    msqueenofpain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i lost 30 pounds in 2 months. I had a personal trainer 3x's a week i would wake up at 5:30am before work to go to the gym to meet him. I was/am on paleo diet. It worked miracles for me and continues to do so. Now that I am not as strict on paleo my weightloss is slower.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm 32 year old, 220 lbs and 5'2. I have 3 jobs, 1 full-time and 2 part-time. I commute everyday from my home to my workplace. I spend around 3-4 hours a day driving.

I really don't have time to workout. currently I'm doing Leslie Sansone because it's the most feasible exercise I can do.

How long does it take for me to lose 40 lbs in the most realistic length of time? and what strategy you can suggest for me to achieve my goal.

Thank you.

Instead of focusing on the 'how long' focus on the 'how'. Once you get that part figured out, the 'how long' will become irrelevant.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite quotes is "You can't out-excercise a bad diet" and I truly believe nutrition comes first. It all comes down to what you put in your mouth. I agree with most posters that 1 lb a week should be very doable in the beginning, as long as you eat 500 calories LESS a day than you currently are. As you get smaller, it will be harder to lose, but I also believe once you start losing, you'll want to excercise and find the time (as impossible as that sounds right now.)

You really just need to create a 500 cal deficit a day to lose one lb. a week. When you start logging, look for ways you can cut 50 cals here and 20 cals here. It all adds up! Oh, and be honest in your logging. It doesn't work if you cheat (we've all done it -- be honest with yourself and no one need see your diary.)

Good luck, and congratulations on taking the first step.
  • AshleyNicole43
    Options
    Explain this to me