Colonics?!

Options
Have any of you ever tried a colonic? I haven't, wouldn't even know where to get it done, but i've heard you can lose 5 pounds or so of yucky old waste in one session, and that you feel healthier, and lose weight faster after. Wonder if there's any truth to this?:noway:

Replies

• fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    Everything I have read says they are dangerous and unnecessary. There is a misconception that somehow waste sticks to the inner walls of your intestines but that's not true. Our bodies are built to clean themselves and are very VERY efficient in doing that. They compare it to douching...and we all know we aren't supposed to do that!
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    They compare it to douching...and we all know we aren't supposed to do that!

I didn't know that.
  • Erayna
    Erayna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Douching isn't recommended (unless medical problem) as it washes away all the good bacteria and then the bad stuff gets an upperhand. At least that was how it was explained to me.
  • aesoprok
    aesoprok Posts: 70
    Options
    I've never tried either. Had my stomach pumped once a long time ago, and it was the most unpleasent experience of my life. I figure there must be some benefit of the colonics though otherwise why would anyone subject themselves to it?
  • fiendiish
    Options
    Yeah douching is bad stuff. It's also really unnecessary (unless like irenepepping said...medical condition of sorts). We don't need to clean that out. It's self cleaning and douching just leaves you vulnerable to infections to dig in.

Either way, neither pipe needs cleaning by outside means. Our bodies our highly functioning, very meticulous machines, extremely capable of taking care of itself provided you give it the correct fuels to do so. :)
  • freakincampers
    Options
    People subject themselves to colonics because of the misconception behind them.
  • fiendiish
    Options
    I figure there must be some benefit of the colonics though otherwise why would anyone subject themselves to it?

I wonder why people subject themselves to a lot of things they do. The fact is, they become convinced that this is their miracle without ever doing the research.
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    Douching isn't recommended (unless medical problem) as it washes away all the good bacteria and then the bad stuff gets an upperhand. At least that was how it was explained to me.

Douching is fine, if you make your own douche. Store bought douches are HORRIBLE!!!!! But I buy a douche bottle from the store, empty it and rinse it. Add about 3-5 drops tea tree oil and water. Natural, clean and feels great, kind of minty.....sorry to get off topic.