how to lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks?

Options
db56
db56 Posts: 31 Member
Is there a healthy way to lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks?

Donna

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Yep! Good diet and exercise.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    If you're very overweight, followed a good diet, stayed within your allotted calories, and exercised, I'm sure it would be. If you're on your last 10lbs you wanna lose though, i'm not sure it'd be possible doing safely.
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I did.all i did was exercise every day and i ate between 1200 to 1400 calories a day.i walked and did lil work outs.today marks 5week and 10 pounds
  • fatjimmy55
    Options
    That would be 2 LBS per week, that's a whole lot of going hungry for sure. I would question why you have the five week deadline. What is your motivation to have such an aggressive weight loss schedule? Ten pounds in five weeks just may not be doable. Would you want to set this aggressive goal and then not accomplish it. I suggest that the goal be five pounds in five weeks and I bet you will successfully reach that goal
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    That would be 2 LBS per week, that's a whole lot of going hungry for sure. Ten pounds in five weeks just may not be doable.

Please completely ignore this ...
  • breemarie68
    Options
    Healthy weight loss ranges anywhere from .5 - 2 pounds per week. 10 pounds in 5 weeks is TOTALLY doable. Just make sure you're doing it the healthy way - exercise and diet :)

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    For someone with >20 lbs to lose it will NOT be possible to lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks - not in any kind of healthy way. How much you can lose depends on how much you have to lose in the first place. If you only have 18 lbs left to goal weight (which is what I see from your profile) then a HEALTHY loss will be about .5lb/week = 2.5 lbs in 5 weeks. This is assuming that you have everything already perfect..You know your TDEE/ BMR and you are taking a 10% cut at the most from it. You have to weigh EVERYTHING because when you are that close to goal you need to be EXACT on your exercise, on your diet and on everything that may affect your rate of loss.

Not EVERYONE can lose 2lbs / week - nor should everyone be trying. This is where people get frustrated because they don't research what is healthy , expect things that are unreasonable and then spread the false information around. If you have 200 lbs to lose you CAN lose 10 lbs a week but that doesn't mean that everyone has as much to lose and can do the same thing. Before answering the question how about looking at someone's profile and basing the reply on THEIR information not just what "you" think.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    So, you want to lose 2 lbs per week instead of the 1.75 lbs per week you already have. Um....????

Also if you have less than 20 lbs to lose, a slower rate of loss is better, as you will lose a lot of lean mass with the fat going too fast.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    double
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Like others said - how much total you have to lose makes a big difference. The more you have to lose the faster you can lose. Just make sure you don't under eat too much or over exercise too much. Also, age plays a big role. When I was in college, I hit 200 lbs & wanted too lose weight. In 3 months I lost 40 lbs. I ate healthy (never actually tracked calories), walked/biked everywhere (didn't have a car) & worked out at the campus gym. Now I am 42 & 212 lbs & it is a lot harder to lose that same weight. Doable but harder. Good luck!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    as someone else mentioned it is doable IF you have a lot to lose.
    When I started at 300? yeah, 2 a week was melting off. Now that I am down to about 200, I don't expect that any more, It tends to be 1-1.5 a week. If you are talking about the last 10 pounds you want to lose, then no, there isn't a healthy way to lose 10 lbs of fat in 5. You could probably lose 10 lbs of water weight but, that doesn't count and doesn't stay off.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Is there a healthy way to lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks?

Donna

Yep... go Paleo.