Fat Sick and Nearly Dead Reboot

Options
2»

Replies

• redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I did the 15 day reboot after watching the documentary (in 2011 I think). 5 days eating just fruit and veg, 5 days just juicing then 5 days of just fruit and veg again.

I liked it and felt great. I do think it was helpful and I lost weight and felt like I had more energy without feeling hungry or deprived.

After my first reboot was so successful I tried to do it again about 6 months later. I. COULD. NOT. I just could not choke down the juice anymore. Its like I OD'ed. My juicer (purchased specicially for the reboot) has sat unused in my kitchen ever since other than the 1 week I lent it to a friend for her reboot. She returned it early and has never had juice again either!
  • gabbylr
    gabbylr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Completed the 3 day reboot, lost 5 lbs in the process but I was really really hungry! I will do it again some time but I will include salads and soup, just juicing is really hard! I also need to buy a good quality juicer, mine sounds like a jet plane taking off:laugh:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Completed the 3 day reboot, lost 5 lbs in the process but I was really really hungry! I will do it again some time but I will include salads and soup, just juicing is really hard! I also need to buy a good quality juicer, mine sounds like a jet plane taking off:laugh:

The mean green takes some getting used to but it's now my favorite juice! I don't even put the apple in it anymore!

If you want a quiet juicer, I recommend the Omega 8004/8006 (same juicer different color) It's very quiet because it's a low RPM auger style juicer. It's super great at juicing greens... the pulp comes out as dry as sawdust! I love it.. I also put frozen fruit in it and make my own sorbets YUMMY! The omega Vrt is also a good juicer but it can be a bit temperamental and you have to be careful the order in which you put the produce in.

There are some great juicer reviews that John Koller does on youtube at his rawfoods.com channel and you can see the various juicers in action.
  • gabbylr
    gabbylr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info missjules! I will look into the Omega juicer, I def. need to get a new juicer before I do another reboot:smile: