Insanity really is insanity!

Options
Just started my first insanity video which was the Plyometric cardio circuit and could only do about 20 minutes before i had to quit. Feel a bit disheartened! I have already done 30day shred which i thought would get me slightly ready but i feel so unfit.

What was everyone elses experience of insanity when you first started. I am literally dying. I was dying in the warm up!

Replies

• Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Me and my roommate are doing it. We had to pause the video about halfway through on our first day, but then we powered through the rest of it.

Don't give up! It gets better, I promise.
  • fevermaps
    fevermaps Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Me and my roommate are doing it. We had to pause the video about halfway through on our first day, but then we powered through the rest of it.

Don't give up! It gets better, I promise.

It's ridiculously hard! I am dying. Just had a break and tried to carry on and then i had to stop again!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    it took a good week or two before I was able to continue through the whole video, and now out of a 1 minute exercise I'm still stopping for a good 10-20 seconds to catch my breath. Dont give up!
  • fevermaps
    Options
    it took a good week or two before I was able to continue through the whole video, and now out of a 1 minute exercise I'm still stopping for a good 10-20 seconds to catch my breath. Dont give up!

Ah it's comforting to know i'm not the only one!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is indeed, sheer insanity. I am now about to start week 6, month 2. Yep, were psycho!
  • ashvicfran
    ashvicfran Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way! I didnt stop the video when I first started, I took as many breaks as I needed to. After the first week and a half I was able to continue through the whole thing! Build up your stamina dont give up you will get there!
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My initial reaction was disbelief at the ridiculous workout that was being done. In 2 weeks it won't be hard. In 4 it will be routine. Then month 2 starts it all over again :) Eat well!
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, it will progressively get easier...well not easy but you will be able to go for longer stretches! lol I'm in week 3 and can go through the whole video with only a few extra 5 second breaks here and there! Remember all those people in the videos are athletes and they are talking breaks too!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I've done insanity on my 'days off' from the gym in the past. I now do a 'shred' class (30 mins non stop like 30 day shred but more intense 3 min stregth, 2 min cardio & 1 min abs non stop for 30 mins) which I find difficult but it doesn't kill me.

When I was doing it I was fit, but not as fit as I am now. You have to keep pushing yourself everyday to do it (I am going to be taking my own advice because I plan on starting this once I move this weekend) and see the results of you getting stronger and more capable of performing, continuing and finishing day after day.

You see how you started off? Can't finish, stoping after 20 mins... in a month from now you're going to say "Wow, i can get through this!"

If you just stare at Shaun T's abs, it keeps you focused... well it works for me!

keep it up!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    If you like Jillian, you should look into Body Revolution. It's fun and you won't get as high of a burn but you will definitely be challenged and sweating and lose weight and tone up. I am only on day 2 of Insanity (same as you!) and I did most of it, but I hated it. Sean didn't say one thing that inspired me or motivated me. I also appreciate Jillian's thoroughness in explaining good form. Thank goodness I already knew most of the moves because I think I could have injured myself if I was new to it. If you message me I can send you a link to my BR results.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dont stop, just go at your own pace... do each move really slowly, or do one power jack (for example) then rest, then do another... eventually it will get easier and you can do more!

i LOVE insanity, its the best workout i have ever done!
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about taking breaks, i did in the first few weeks. Just make sure you press play again once you can and keep doing that until the end. Your cardio will improve, just stick with it. I have 2 weeks left and i am so happy i stuck with it:)

Press play and dig deep. Good luck:)
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Keep going. It will get better. :wink: I didn't stop or pause the first day but I DRASTICALLY slowed down. I just kept telling myself "keep moving.. keep moving.." The darn WARMUP is a workout all in itself -HA!!

Good Luck on your Insanity journey. Trust & believe that it will get better! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've just started with my husband, and we are on month 1 week 2! We make it through the whole video, but what I do is push as hard as I can for as long as I can then take a 5-10 second break, then hop back in when I've caught my breath! What's hard for me is keeping my core tight, while trying to breath right, AND keep up! It always has me pouring sweat and is definitely insane! Just keep focus on where you'll be when you finish ! My rules of thumb are mind over matter, and progress over perfection :) Keep up the awesome work girl!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity after not working out for MONTHS (like 5ish months). I hate exercising with a passion, I made it through the videos, I never stopped. I took a lot of breaks but I never quit because if I quit I would never go back. The first week was the worst I literally thought my body was going to revolt and kill me in my sleep.

Last night I finished Day 58 - Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs... it was long, it is still tough and I still hate exercise BUT I do not hate the workouts.

Is Insanity tough? O.M.G Yes, so tough especially when you are a fat little butterball like myself, but is it worth it? Totally. I have done things in the last 58 days that I said I would never do, I have pushed myself to the limits and I actually feel like a complete badass.

I am planning on taking a week off (not really off but not intense work outs) and then starting Les Mills Body Combat after Easter - If I had never done Insanity I would have never even though of body combat. It is worth it, and as you do it the workouts get easier .... until you reach month 2 and then they get intense again.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Remember you should be going at your own pace, not the pace of the people in the video. If you do the exercise 5 times in that 1 minute, next time try to 10 times etc. You always go at your own pace.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Remember you should be going at your own pace, not the pace of the people in the video. If you do the exercise 5 times in that 1 minute, next time try to 10 times etc. You always go at your own pace.

Yes this, never try to keep up with the people in the video, go at your own pace. the video even stresses that if you watch.
  • peaceloveheather
    peaceloveheather Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You might be surprised tomorrow when you go for the next video, the first time I get into the videos again they always kick my *kitten* but by the 3rd video I'm doing so much better, you can do it :). You will probably be sore, just stretch a bit first and make sure to do the warm up, and sit one out if you have too, with a couple more rounds you'll be sitting out less if at all.
  • fevermaps
    Options
    I think i may switch to something a little less intense. Mainly as my knees are quite bad from dancing when i was younger and i don't know if i'm ready! Maybe do p90x and then move on to Insanity.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    tonight is day 9 for me and my husband and last night i think i took more breaks then i did on day 1 lol on day 3 i was sooooo sore!!! it hurt to walk