Tall Girls needed for Advice/support

Options
13»

Replies

• trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A group for us tall ladies---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/107-totally-tall-women-of-mfp

6'2" here. I love adding tall friends to compare our fitness journeys with so feel free to add me! Just add a note with it... so I know who it is.. :)

I am currently at around 226... and been focusing more on strength training the last 60+ days or so. I've seen a definite increase in muscle and burning fat. I will never give up my cardio - I still hit that hard - just been incorporating more strength and I LOVE what it's done to my body thus far!

I've always been athletic and played tons of sports when younger but "let myself go" (understatement!!) in my last relationship - I am finally getting back to me. I'd like to get down to 200 lbs or so but these last 20-30 lbs are tough!! I got spoiled losing so much so fast with my hard workouts and strict eating regimen I guess....

And in regards to the other posts - I never wear heels. I think they're stupid. lol I am a ballet flat or cowboy boot kinda girl. And yes, I do have slim pickings in the dating world - only because I prefer to date men my height or taller. If I liked shorter men I'd have a ton to choose from as I seem to have lots of admirers around 5'9" or so... LOL - but, alas - just not my thing. It's not about judging it's about what you like!!

And to the person that asked - I have people ask me to get stuff off shelves at the grocery store every now and then - it doesn't bother me at all.. it actually makes me feel bad for them! lol
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am a 6ft girl from the UK i have been on here for over a year been a lot more serious about it since January. I have lost 18 pounds but have a total of 72 pounds to lose.

I seem to have halted for 3 weeks and i am frustrated!!!

I would like to hear your success stories and hear your inspirational journeys! I would love to have some more friends who are tall girls so i can see what your diaries are like and get an idea if I am on the right track!

Thanks!!

5'10" tall from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I feel positively short compared to some of the ladies who have responded. :)

Personally, I'm on my third stab at weight loss. I lost 60 lbs in 2003, only to gain it all back in 2008 when I became pregnant with my youngest son. I then lost 50 of that, but I've gained back 20 since June (when hubby started buying "Family Sized" bags of potato chips (crisps)). I'm now down 8 lbs.

I'm quite a bit taller than almost every other lady I know, by 4 to 10 inches. I find that I can easily gain 10 lbs without noticing, and nearly 20 lbs before I go up a clothing size.

As I have arthritis in my knees, I am happiest with my BMI around 19. It seems to be the magic number: where most of the pain in my knees disappears. Everyone seems to think that is far too thin, but I like being able to take the stairs instead of the elevator. :)
  • lynnette2003
    lynnette2003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks Hattie for starting this page! love it! I am 6'0 28 years old from PA and am having trouble loosing the laast 10-15 lbs. working out 5-6 days a week doing a circuit training program called JNL fusion. It kicks my butt! I usually stay right on or no more than 300 cal of my daily cal intake and the scale WILL NOT BUDGE!! It's becoming very frustrating! I was laid off of work for the winter beccause I have a seasonal. I am now back full time. I have a very very physical job so i am hoping i will see some results soon!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Uuum, it's like, no fair, you get to play all the basketball. It's not about how tall you are, it's about how well you dribble past everyone and can aim, as you shoot at the basket. You think you are the only ones that get that glorious moment of lifting off, while watching the ball soar towards the basket and make it!?!

p.s. Thanks for getting stuff for me when I was in the grocery store, on my tip toes, climbing up the shelves, trying to stretch myself taller and taller, thinking that I could just knock it off the shelf and catch it, no problem. I wouldn't fail or accidentally knock ten items on my head. But, you helped me, even though I was too shy to ask. :wink:
  • erinthom1984
    erinthom1984 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I'm from upstate ny!! Feel free to add me if you'd like!! I'd like some buddies that I have things in common with!! I have about 100lbs to lose.
  • nancypsmithns
    nancypsmithns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just a question:

Do you tall girls have problems finding men?

I mean . . . it seems that for some of you who are super tall (you know above 5'11"), do you have trouble finding a man that's about your height or taller?

I have never responded to a post before, but would like to answer your question. I am 6ft tall and my husband of 6 years (together for 12 years) is only 5'5". We are very happy together. Yes there are people that make comments but to be honest I don't ever really think about it. No he does not have any problem with me being so much taller.
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Just a question:

Do you tall girls have problems finding men?

I mean . . . it seems that for some of you who are super tall (you know above 5'11"), do you have trouble finding a man that's about your height or taller?

I'm 6'1'' and my fiancé is 7'2'' (see ticker picture) nope, no problem finding tall men (:
  • AlexT29
    AlexT29 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and losing very slowly. But I'm more interested in making a long term commitment to my health than starving myself to lose quickly. :smile: Anyone can feel free to add me.

To answer the "finding tall men" question - I dated shorter guys before I got married and didn't have a problem with it. My husband is around 6' but he loves it when I wear high heels when we go out.
  • artd9312
    artd9312 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I"m 5"11 and have been on MFP since July 2011 (different account) and have lost 53 pounds - I LOVE it! It has taken 20 months and I lose quite slowly but I also still enjoy wine and the like. Taking it slowly has helped me acclimate to healthy eating and exercise in a sustainable way.

Anyone please fee free to add me - my diary is open, I"m on here pretty much daily, and I think it is a fabulous and important tool in weight-loss.

By the by - you are all gorgeous! Tall (or short) - you all are beauties! And don't forget it!