New to this site

Options
I'm new to this site, but unfortunately not new to the weight loss thing. I've lost enough weight over the years to make not one, but several bodies. When I get ready to start something new I begin to ask myself "what is going to be different this time?" Well, in trying to answer that one for myself, I want my focus to be on learning to eat and prepare food healthy. I've been living a life of denial for 5+ years now regarding diabetes. I am diabetic.............just haven't wanted to believe it or take care of myself like I should. So, that has to change. If not, there will likely be a horrible price to pay later on in my life. A time when I hope to be able to enjoy life with my husband and family. I also battle with depression and let me just say, the number on the scales can absolutely "do me in". That is why I want the main part of my focus on health and not just the number on the scale. I know they go hand in hand, in fact, I'm counting on it. I started this on Thursday. I know I have a long journey ahead and I know some days will be difficult. No matter how long the journey, it must begin with one day, one step, one meal. Looking forward to a positive change with positive outcomes.

Replies

• skiv
    skiv Posts: 10
    Options
    You picked a valuable change just by signing up here. Lot of good support and ideas here. Keep going and keep making those right decisions for you.:smile:
  • SherryWooten
    SherryWooten Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I tend to get discouraged easily so I can definitely use the support.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If you use this site you can't help find success, plus every one is rooting for you!!!