Losing inches not pounds in the end run?

Options
nxd10
nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
I've lost 35 pounds and am in my 'final goal zone' and within 5 pounds of what I want my bottom weight to be. My intake/output have been steady for around 9 months with a 500 calorie deficit. I'm netting 1230 calories a day. I walk and bike to work and do some serious heavy gardening, but don't 'work out. I am, not surprising, losing pretty slowly at this point - maybe a pound every month. That's fine.

Why are my inches still shrinking but my weight not? I've lost 2" off my hips and another .5" off my ribs in the last month, even though I've only lost half a pound.

I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. My inches are going down way faster than my weight. If I were exercising, I'd say it was muscle. But I'm not, in particular. Any thoughts?

Replies

• demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? It sounds like your body composition is changing (the fat is turning into muscle).
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It does seem like that, and, if so, that would be awesome. But I'm just walking to work and biking - no big deal 40 minutes a day. It feels like my body has just gone into 'fat burn' mode. I should be grateful (and am), but I'm also just curious about how metabolism works.