What song are you embarrassed you like?

Options

Replies

• AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Oooooh, ouch. I've never even heard that song. Um...how about Susan Boyle's rendition of the 1986 Crowded House hit "don't dream it's over"? That doesn't even register on the cool chart.

ETA, I just you tubed the whip you hair song. You win.:)
    David Cassidy was the Justin Beiber of the late 1960's/70's. They had a TV show. All the young teenage girls were in love with him.
    0001090410_500.jpg

Oh, come on...I never had a thing for David Cassidy, but he's got more going for him than Justin Beiber. He's an actor, he can sing real music without being autotuned, and David Cassidy has a lot more cute in him now, at age 60-whatever, than Bieber does. Just the opinion of a 22-year-old...

As for the song I'm embarrassed I like........almost anything newer than 1979. Anything that I like by Brittany Spears, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, and the dozen or so "artists" from the last seven years whose music is hidden in a playlist (inconspicuously named "So Bad") within a playlist (titled "Useless") on my iPod.

What's even funnier was when I bought my first iPod: I wanted it so badly, and then I didn't use it for months because I was embarrassed by it. I continued to use my cassette player at school, and used the iPod when I got home. Apparently I should have been embarrassed by my metal Monkees lunchbox (my friend said it made me look like a kid), but I really liked it. It was a conversation starter, just like my cassette player.
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus........my hubby actually loves it just as much as I do. It's our weird road trip song!!

honestly i really like this song..lol, i consider myself a pretty macho guy but for some reason i find myself always listening to destiny's child song called soldier..
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I get picked on by my friends for always playing 'Tiny Dancer' by Elton John when we've had too much to drink. They hate it. Which makes me love it and play it even more.

And, I might lose half of my MFP friends over this, but almost every one of my workout playlists has Ke$ha song on it. :ohwell:

Tiny Dancer is AWESOME. It's my favorite Elton John song.

And I have "Tik Tok" on my workout playlist, but I'm so nervous that people around me will hear it that I usually skip it. Or maybe I really just don't care for it. I haven't decided.
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Like a Lollipop Lil Wayne

I :heart: this song and not embarrassed by it at all :bigsmile:

HOWEVER

I too love
    Party In the USA - Miley Cyrus
    Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
    and....

Barbie Girl song - AQUA

oh jeeze I just admitted that :blushing: :blushing:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Mmmbop by Hanson. Love that song!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Hanson - Mmmbop

Wash your mouth out, possibly the greatest song ever written.

WOOHOO! I'm not alone!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Most Justin Bieber songs.

That new Brittany spears and Will.i.am song. It's horrible - yet so catchy.
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options
    I get picked on by my friends for always playing 'Tiny Dancer' by Elton John when we've had too much to drink. They hate it. Which makes me love it and play it even more.

And, I might lose half of my MFP friends over this, but almost every one of my workout playlists has Ke$ha song on it. :ohwell:

Tiny Dancer is AWESOME. It's my favorite Elton John song.

And I have "Tik Tok" on my workout playlist, but I'm so nervous that people around me will hear it that I usually skip it. Or maybe I really just don't care for it. I haven't decided.

i have take it off from ke$ha on my workout playlist, makes me get my butt moving.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I crank all the really tacky 90's hip-hop/dance songs that embarass the hell out of my wife:

Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
    Snow - Informer
    Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
    Duice - Dazzey Duks
    Freaknasty - Da Dip
    69 Boyz - Tootsee Roll
    The Outhere Brothers - Boom Boom Boom
    Rednex - Cotton-Eyed Joe
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Anything by Ke$ha.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    First I have to say I'm a huge metal fan, love 5FFDP, Metallica, Anthrax, Misfits, Pantera,Slayer....ect.

Well, I listen to more kid friendly stuff in the car with my 5 year old daughter in the car. I heard Jason Mraz's sone, "I'm Yours" and absolutley loved it. So now when it comes on in the car I sing along and my daughter is like, "Daddy, sing...sing it daddy!".

Lol.

If my buddies ever found out I'd probably never hear the end of it.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    A Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton

I have that as a ringtone. Should I be embarrassed?
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    ABBA - Dancing Queen. All the way.
  • Jeepgal2012
    Options
    Bounce by Timbaland. It's so awesome, though.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    OPP by Naughty by Nature!

just listened to that today during my workout
  • rychma
    rychma Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...Bop by Hanson. :blushing:

JINX!!

Ha! I was waiting for someone else to choose that song and no one did. I should have waited one more minute.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    my daughter loves that
    Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland
    Sweet Thing - Keith Urban

What's weird is, I HATE country music normally. :huh:
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The Go! Team's entire "Rolling Thunder" CD. It's like a 60's girl group backed by a high school marching band. Horrible, right? But It is such happy music and makes me smile.
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm not embarrassed to admit that I will totally rock out to Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Hanson, all of it when it come son. You better believe I'm singing that **** off key at the top of my lungs.

^^^All of THIS!!!
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    BrittanyNBuchanan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm not really embarrassed by the music I like, but I do get some weird responses when people find out I love anything by Prince and anything by Meat Loaf.

And the hubby might start having issues one of these days over the eye rolling he does when I get all excited because an 80's song is on.

The one thing that I might be a little embarrassed by is I still enjoy Good Charlotte. I saw them live 6 times back in my pop-punk days. :blushing:

Meatloaf is amazing!!! Love his music!!!