Dinner for Lunch?

Options
Hey Everyone!

All the meal plans I've read up on have suggested a light lunch (soup and salad, or just salad) and a some large protein for dinner, but I find I over eat when I have a salad for lunch, simply because I'm still hungry.
Is it completely terrible to switch out Dinner for Lunch on these meal plans and have the lighter meal at night?

Also
I want to start doing some circuit training, how do you log that into MFP?

Thanks!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've ready it multiple places that breakfast and Lunch should be your biggest meals of the day because it gives you energy to get through your day and your body has more time to digest what you fed it. So by all means, have a larger dinner if that means you eat less at dinner!

With respect to logging weight training, there's two different ways. Under the My Exercises tab you can log it under the Strength training portion to help you keep track of the sets/reps/weights you do, but it WON'T add to your daily calorie goals on your food tab. To get that, you then log it under the Cardio section as Strength training (total up everything you did) and then it will give you your exercise calories that you can eat. Hope that makes sense!
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've heard its better to keep dinner light. For my lifestyle I find it hard to eat a light dinner so what i do is eat light lunch, and a snack at around 3 to keep me full. The snack that i have found works best is a heart slice of whole wheat bread with the new Light spreadable land o lakes butter, and honey it keeps me full enough where i don't go crazy at dinner

But to answer your original question I don't think it is bad to eat more at lunch than dinner. It gives your body more time to burn off those calories
  • Bleux
    Bleux Posts: 186
    Options
    My biggest meal is usually breakfast, good size lunch and smaller snacks and dinner, with as little carbs as possible after 3 in the afternoon.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Alls I know is you should have 1 green meal a day
  • kristelagarcia
    kristelagarcia Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!