How many ounces is 8 chicken breasts?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I think the average chicken breast is 4 oz. So about 32 oz give or take.

Average chicken breast is closer to 6-8 Oz.

Best bet OP...get a food scale.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am making a new recipe and it calls for 8 chicken breasts. I would prefer an ounces/pounds measurement! The recipe is for burritos and it makes 16 of an 8 inch burrito. My my guess was about 2 pounds. What is your take?

The yield of the recipe is 16 burritos. I'll assume the serving size is one burrito. Therefore, one burrito would have half a chicken breast. If you go by the USDA serving size of 3oz of chicken, it sounds like this recipe assumes 6oz chicken breasts, therefore 6oz x 8 breasts=48oz, or 3 pounds.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    3 oz in each burrito

My burritos need room for fixins :tongue:

There aren't any fixins in this burrito recipe. Just chicken and a cheese sauce. *shrugs* LOL

That sounds more like a quesadilla. Now I'm sad that there'll be no rice or beans. :sad:
  • dearestcrh
    dearestcrh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am making a new recipe and it calls for 8 chicken breasts. I would prefer an ounces/pounds measurement! The recipe is for burritos and it makes 16 of an 8 inch burrito. My my guess was about 2 pounds. What is your take?

The yield of the recipe is 16 burritos. I'll assume the serving size is one burrito. Therefore, one burrito would have half a chicken breast. If you go by the USDA serving size of 3oz of chicken, it sounds like this recipe assumes 6oz chicken breasts, therefore 6oz x 8 breasts=48oz, or 3 pounds.

That was my thinking. Thanks for that. :)