Pants that fit...until you sit down

Options
redraidergirl2009
redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
does anyone else(ladies) have a hard time buying jeans? I'm so upset because my one pair of jeans that fit right finally wore out to the point of no return. It is such a fight to buy any jeans because I'm an apple shape so my weight is on my hips and tummy so I stand up and they fit weird on my hips, but sit down and it's over. So I get a bigger size and they're falling off when I walk, but fit when I sit. So annoying.

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a different cut/rise.
  • DexyFace
    DexyFace Posts: 4
    Options
    I have the same problem. I was just thinking about it. My problem is though I carry all my weight around my mid section and I have small lets so I have to make sure that I buy skinny ankle/skinny leg jeans otherwise I look like i'm wearing a sack. Anyway, my pants always fit until I sit down. I mean the still fit, but it leaves marks on me and it's not exactly comfortable.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    What I've noticed with girls is that they wear these big non-functional belts over their shirts (like, right under their boobs) rather than through belt loops, as intended. Buy yourself a good quality belt - you'll thank me later.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I have that problem...Now, I only wear AE Slim Boot Fit or Gap Curvy Straight Leg fit...both work great for me ;)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I used to wear Christopher Blue sisters boyfriend, but they don't make them anymore.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    What I've noticed with girls is that they wear these big non-functional belts over their shirts (like, right under their boobs) rather than through belt loops, as intended. Buy yourself a good quality belt - you'll thank me later.

Yeah, I wear my big belts at the natural waist. Those belts aren't meant to hold my pants up, they are meant to draw attention to the smallest part of me instead of my hips. They're an accessory, not a functional piece of clothing.

I have wide hips and a small waist. I have pants I can barely get over my hips, but once I do they have a huge gap at the waist. And wearing low rise pants just doesn't happen...I'd have to go up 3 sizes just to get them to button.